• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2012 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

Hunter Grant said:
Team Green Edge....

http://cyclistsarenotrockstars.blogspot.com/2011/08/1122.html

GreenEDGE_Kit_500.jpg

I like it. Something different in color, and the way the color is bottoms-up. Also, now that HTC is out, white, I don't think the white will be overpowering in the group. I think it will look better as an actual jersey; most white doesn't look good flat images.

More Strides than Rides said:
I like it. Something different in color, and the way the color is bottoms-up. Also, now that HTC is out, white, I don't think the white will be overpowering in the group. I think it will look better as an actual jersey; most white doesn't look good flat images.

Doesn't do much for me, if that's the way they're going.

The arrow swoosh device is very 90s (though I note that it's all nailed on already, so it isn't like they have a choice), and the typography is amateurish.

Nice colours though. I'd have another try at getting the design not to look like two separate designs glued together.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum, that I think very usefull. I made an hypotetical version of Green Edge Cycling team Kit, what do you think about? :D

GreenEdgejerseyshortsf.png

A

Anonymous

its ok, but i doubt you will see the same thing repeated on the side of the shirts, and then again on the side of the shorts, much more likely to see one sponsor on the shirt side, and one on the shorts side to get the best of the coverage.

Wonder if Nygaard is having any input into the kit design.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
its ok, but i doubt you will see the same thing repeated on the side of the shirts, and then again on the side of the shorts, much more likely to see one sponsor on the shirt side, and one on the shorts side to get the best of the coverage.

Wonder if Nygaard is having any input into the kit design.

God no! Just imagine what the Aussies will be wearing if he designs it.:eek:

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Can/will GE get nominal (at least) support from the Australian Government and use the Emu and Kangaroo crest on their kit. That's always been a touch of class, be it in the cricket or the football.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ramjambunath said:
Can/will GE get nominal (at least) support from the Australian Government and use the Emu and Kangaroo crest on their kit. That's always been a touch of class, be it in the cricket or the football.

it would have to be national team competing for australia team to be allowed to use that.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes point taken. They could use it on the national champion kit and the national team's kit, which to be fair is a bit bland just white and green. Normally it is the Australian kits that are the best when in Green and Gold. Creams and White only work in test cricket.

ramjambunath said:
Yes point taken. They could use it on the national champion kit and the national team's kit, which to be fair is a bit bland just white and green. Normally it is the Australian kits that are the best when in Green and Gold. Creams and White only work in test cricket.

+1. So true! It's the colour harmony with the green grass and red ball, so cream/white is not the dominant colour in test cricket even though it's the one we all think of.

Having a dominant green is a good colour, even a deeper one, especially when teamed with black shorts: Europcar's jersey was very effective this year.

Perhaps they need to look at the old Crédit Agricole jersey as a good example of contrast, but avoid going so far into the white as Unibet.com.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
+1. So true! It's the colour harmony with the green grass and red ball, so cream/white is not the dominant colour in test cricket even though it's the one we all think of.

Having a dominant green is a good colour, even a deeper one, especially when teamed with black shorts: Europcar's jersey was very effective this year.

Perhaps they need to look at the old Crédit Agricole jersey as a good example of contrast, but avoid going so far into the white as Unibet.com.

Europcar's is nice, one of the few good jerseys in the peloton. Why though do sky come out with such dull colours, their logo is blue and red on tv and they could use that on their jersey. Add to that their rainforest conrservation green and you may even get a sober Mapei.

If Leopard don't or didn't sack their kit designers they have to be banned don't they, the national champion kits were an embarrasment.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Is that real? It looks like a preemptive ripoff of the Greenedge kit. Suppose it's only temporary until the sponsor is revealed though.

TRENDING THREADS