• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2019 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

We start with Trek-Segafredo

IMG-20181102-170936.jpg

I like it! :cool:

I've just got two issues with this.

1: Slightly disappointed that the kits aren't identical. I know it's only looks, but having identical kits - between a men's and a women's team - sends a signal of "We're one team."

2: Yeah, Deignan. Way to make me feel like a fat, ugly loser! Gave birth just over a month ago, and she already looks great…

Re: New Jerseys - 2019 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Te

Both kits look nice, but i agree why don't they use the same kit for both teams since they both come under the same team banner. Sunweb manage to do it, and it immediately gives the women's team greater visibility when you see them in a race as the kit already has a familiarity from seeing the men's team in the same kit

jarvo said:
Both kits look nice, but i agree why don't they use the same kit for both teams since they both come under the same team banner. Sunweb manage to do it, and it immediately gives the women's team greater visibility when you see them in a race as the kit already has a familiarity from seeing the men's team in the same kit

Mitchelton, Lotto Soudal, Movistar and FDJ do it as well.

tobydawq said:
jarvo said:

Actually those are not completely identical. And the teams don't have completely identical names either.

tobydawq said:
jarvo said:

The point of sponsorship is to get your brand talked about, and the normal way to reinforce brand awareness is through a consistent brand identity and colours, so I really don't understand this at all.

I thought it might be that, with no easy overlap between the brand colours of the two co-sponsors, the bigger contributor got to dictate the men's kit and the smaller the women's, but a quick look at the home page for both companies shows a red/black theme for both.

RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
jarvo said:

Actually those are not completely identical. And the teams don't have completely identical names either.

No, but they were and did until Groupama came on board.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
I don't mind two different kits. Gets the message across that this is an independent women's squad and not just an extension of the men's team.

Not an extension of, equal to. For example it seems to be the Thing that some teams have a joint "Beginning of Year" team presentation.

---

Quick question, does Movistar use a joint account on Twitter? One thing I'm kinda disappointed by is the fact that teams that Lotto-Soudal and FDJ use separate accounts on FB (same for Astana). Movistar, otoh, doesn't really seem to be that active there in the first place, so I don't really know.

TRENDING THREADS