• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders New Jerseys - 2021 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Sunweb becomes DSM aka 'retro Sky'

bf5875c8-3624-11eb-aae0-02b7b76bf47f.jpg

Reactions: pastronef
Oh hello Team Sky.

View: https://twitter.com/AG2RLMCyclisme/status/1334168138162827272

Ag2r announces its new colours on the 17th of december.
Are they moving away from the brown and cyan combination or is it just going to be a redesign?
You know we are badly missing things to talk about when we are starting to wonder whether AG2R are really gonna have a brown-cyan jersey again. Next up, will the 2021 Ferrari maybe be light green?

Edit: Or is there actually some indicator in what they wrote that they are gonna have a drastic redesign? Don't speak french

Oh hello Team Sky.

View: https://twitter.com/AG2RLMCyclisme/status/1334168138162827272

Ag2r announces its new colours on the 17th of december.
Are they moving away from the brown and cyan combination or is it just going to be a redesign?
You know we are badly missing things to talk about when we are starting to wonder whether AG2R are really gonna have a brown-cyan jersey again. Next up, will the 2021 Ferrari maybe be light green?

Edit: Or is there actually some indicator in what they wrote that they are gonna have a drastic redesign? Don't speak french

I expect them to be modeled after the Citroën C4 Cactus.

1200px-Citro%C3%ABn_C4_Cactus_BlueHDi_100_Shine_Edition_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_2._November_2014%2C_M%C3%BCnster_%28colour_corrected%29.jpg

Well, to understand that you obviously don't need to speak French but Marketinish, and in that "un nouveau chapitre" and "nouvelle couleurs" means "everything like last season, just a bit reshuffled so we can send out a tweet and make people buy a new kit".

Sorry for wrongly quoting Breh first!!

If Ag2r was still yellow and blue when they were called Ag2r Prévoyance we could have an awesome jersey with yellow and blue on the top of the jersey and then the Citröen red on the bottom. Something like the Loeb WRC paint job when his team was also sponsored by Red Bull.

Reactions: Bolder
it will be sad if one of the iconic colour schemes of the sport is replaced with something in a more blandly corporate style. hopefully If they do change it will be to something memorable and unusual.
Cyan and brown is still a corporate identity colour scheme, just a more unusual one (and brown, of itself, is about as bland as a colour can be). I'm guessing from the ordering of names that AG2G La Mondiale are still the larger contributor to funds, so we shouldn't expect Citroen, who are identified by a logo shape rather than a colour, to totally take over the design.

We are to find out on the 17th, but I note a lot of their merchandise in the current colours is selling at much reduced prices. I hope that is just because the lack of the Citroen chevrons will make them out of date, rather than an abandonment of the cyan and chocolate, because I too am a fan of the AG2R colour scheme.

What I appreciate about QuickStep is that they change their kit every 1 or 2 years into something decent or even brilliant, without ever losing their identity.
Once again a really good design, something totally different from last season but still very much 'QuickStep'.
I like the fur pattern on the chest and shoulders, nice detail.

d3756850-3aea-11eb-b0c4-df03a5ab1c7d_web_scale_0.3125_0.3125__.jpg

maxresdefault.webp

Reactions: SHAD0W93
What I appreciate about QuickStep is that they change their kit every 1 or 2 years into something decent or even brilliant, without ever losing their identity.
Once again a really good design, something totally different from last season but still very much 'QuickStep'.

maxresdefault.webp
So the “caption this picture” for the first image frame (looking back over shoulder) has to be, “Does this kit make my butt look too big?”

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
What exactly did FDJ change? Looks just like last season to me.
DQS looks boring but okay. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't go for actual fur, that would have been something extraordinary, and it would have given Evenepoel the possibility for "look, he can even do it with the least aerodynamic kit since the woolen shirts disappeared". They also could have applied to the UCI for an ermine-style for the rainbow jersey.
But cycling is so conservative.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

maxresdefault.webp

Took me several moments to realise that's all Sam Bennett. That bastard! Disguising himself by putting on a pair of sunglasses. :cool:

TRENDING THREADS