• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New NBC sports network for 2012?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
As I understand it this package is for computer only. In other words, for those who no longer have Universal on TV, buying the package will not help as far as TV goes.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Carols said:
Not all of us are available to watch live streams.....that is our issue and why we need other alternatives. Happy for you that you can watch live streams.
Point well taken. I have missed a couple of races that I would have liked to have seen, like the Strade Bianche. But I am cross eyed, ****ed off at universal for their BS move. Like I said, they crapped all over the fans of the sports they broadcast. I don't want to give them the $$$ for the packages. If I miss some races, I'll live. And as the weather starts to warm up, I'll be on the road myself. It was nice while it lasted. Now it's time to be resourceful or, Just Do It! yourself!:)

Nick C. said:
As I understand it this package is for computer only. In other words, for those who no longer have Universal on TV, buying the package will not help as far as TV goes.

You are correct. I hooked up my computer to my tv via HDMI cable so I can watch it on tv. Plus it's on-demand so you can watch it whenever you are available. No Commercials :) Plus you can FF/RW...just can't record :( But can replay as many times as you want.

Overall I'm pleased because otherwise I would have missed quite a few races by now and I'm an addict.

Milano-San Remo on Saturday, I can hardly wait and I'll be able to watch live.

nowhereman said:
Point well taken. I have missed a couple of races that I would have liked to have seen, like the Strade Bianche. But I am cross eyed, ****ed off at universal for their BS move. Like I said, they crapped all over the fans of the sports they broadcast. I don't want to give them the $$$ for the packages. If I miss some races, I'll live. And as the weather starts to warm up, I'll be on the road myself. It was nice while it lasted. Now it's time to be resourceful or, Just Do It! yourself!:)

Point taken they did crap on us :mad:, but I'm willing to shell out the $$$ for the sport I love!

With on demand replays I can ride AND watch the race when I get home :)