• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New site design: Post all feedback here

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can you change the number of posts per page in the forum in settings somehow???
Please please please
20 posts per page is so terrible, constantly having to load a new page
This should be a user define setting with ability to view minimum 100 posts per page

Just awful

Is there a reason that I have links to old articles at the top of the page for a current article? For example at the top of the Johan Museuw article about his disappointment with with former fried and teammate Wilfred Peters. These articles are from 2014 and unrelated to the Museuw article.

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad for all the race/rider coverage and the women's races especially but it's weird to open a forum page and see photo ads for stories featuring women's boobs or butts. Imagine you are reading an article about Tour de Pologne and at the bottom is a photo-blurb for penis enhancement. Distracting at best.

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Don`t know where to post this ... But I try here. I can´t read comments to articles when I´m reading it in Microsoft Edge/Windows 10 but it works fine in Chrome. Is it some settings in my computer or is it something "wrong" at CN?

Seems to be impacting previous "as-it-happened" stage availability as well. Went to read stage 6 of the Vuelta so I could watch the last hour or so to catch up and noticed:
  1. New design spoils the stage result. I was previously able to load the site with a short window and navigate to the Vuelta page, then stages, then the live report all without ever seeing any news. Now there is one link for a stage and it pulls up results so I had a big headline with the winner and a blurb loaded before I realized the change.
  2. There does not seem to be any way to find the live report for yesterday, and links I had opened of previous stages no longer work.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Can you please revert back to the previous table format on the race results section at the bottom of race report articles? The new format takes a massive amount of space and requires scrolling forever to get all the way through. I'm looking at the Vuelta Stage 7 results and can only see the top 10 on a single screen view and then I have to scroll through screen after screen after screen after screen to get through it all. Maybe there's a better way for me to be review the results?

Reactions: Carols and F_Cance
The new format takes a massive amount of space and requires scrolling forever to get all the way through.
The load time for today's stage report is just massive, on both mobile and desktop. It almost feels like I'd be quicker nipping round to the corner shop and grabbing a copy of the Comic to find out what happened. Other articles seem to load quick enough.

(Even when loaded that page is hanging as I scoll down it.)

Aug 30, 2019
Visit site
New poster but long time reader. I wanted to give a candid feedback as I think it can be valuable for the moderator and owners of the site so I decided to register.

The new design is clean and modern and it works well on a PC/Mac. I have no issues to speak of on those platforms. On Mobile is a different story and getting to the bottom of a page is an arduous task. I think it's related to the font but if there are results on a page, scrolling down takes forever. The site itself doesn't play nice with some browsers. I have found Firefox is one most affected on iOS. Safari has the same scrolling difficulties but at least I am able to launch the forum.

Last edited:
I come here for the comments. The news is good, but can be had on multiple other websites. The comment section is literally the only reason I visit this site. The comments are gone from the new design.

I come here for the comments. The news is good, but can be had on multiple other websites. The comment section is literally the only reason I visit this site. The comments are gone from the new design.

I actually found the comments are still there, but very well hidden. You have to scroll almost to the bottom and there's a small comments button in between.

plmKsS3.png

The load time for today's stage report is just massive, on both mobile and desktop. It almost feels like I'd be quicker nipping round to the corner shop and grabbing a copy of the Comic to find out what happened. Other articles seem to load quick enough.

(Even when loaded that page is hanging as I scoll down it.)
Agreed, ESPECIALLY THE MOBILE VERSION - it is unreadable on a phone.

Reactions: fmk_RoI
Can you please revert back to the previous table format on the race results section at the bottom of race report articles? The new format takes a massive amount of space and requires scrolling forever to get all the way through.
Totally agree with this suggestion. I can't understand how anyone with just basic understanding of user-friendliness can consider the current layout of the result table as acceptable (mobile version, haven't yet checked on PC).

Please add drop down tables for the race results.

That way I can quickly skip over the intermediate sprints or cat 4 KOMs to find the results I care about. Plus, the back end of your race results will be less bloated.

Reactions: fmk_RoI

TRENDING THREADS