• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New to the forum

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Greetings all-

new to the forum today and thought I would introduce myself. Road racer from the greater Midwest in the USA.

Looking forward to the discussions here!! :cool:

P13

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Merckx said:
Cool, Ontario for me. Can't wait for the snow to melt, riding on the spinner is getting a bit boring ;)

I hear ya! It's been a long, cold winter around these parts. We had another nasty blizzard blow through again yesterday.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It's a beautiful day

Did my first road bike ride of the year - have been riding my single-speed ever since Yuletide.
It is good to be reacquainted with Mr and Mrs derailleur!

photo-2-1.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I am just your ordinary avid cyclist and on top of that... dutch. However, I moved to the US, NC to be exact. The weather is much better here, so I am spending a lot of time on the bike. Just like all great bikers, they follow the sun ;)

nice to meet all of you.

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
Hi all,

I am just your ordinary avid cyclist and on top of that... dutch. However, I moved to the US, NC to be exact. The weather is much better here, so I am spending a lot of time on the bike. Just like all great bikers, they follow the sun ;)

nice to meet all of you.

NC here too...it was 81 degrees today. Sorry to hear about all of that cold weather up there from the rest of you guys......

Hola, everyone! East side of Cleveland, right on Lake Erie for me. Thanks to a week of 60 degree temps, the 2 feet of snow melted straight away. Currently in the 50's.

I have been a fan of cycling for about 19 years, now. While I love road racing, I only own a mountain bike. I spend most of my time running.

The only thing that tops my addiction to cycling is traveling all over, so that is where the money goes.

Hoping to sneek a stage or two at this year's Giro. I'll be in Paris and Lucerne the last week in May. Still trying to figure out how to get there.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. From Boone, NC where the re-birth of LA happened. Those of you from NC, or any other place for that matter, come up and ride. Some of the best in the country.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hiya

Nice to be early in the life of a new forum...

From Middle England a nice mild 50F already today with 53F expected this afternoon

This year is my 30th consecutive season of racing. Mainly road with (too) infrequent trips to the velodrome, odd ride on my MTB

Mar 12, 2009
www.actvets.cc
Sorry to rub this in

Well here in Canberra its just starting to go into autumn and its only just getting below 15C in the morning with quite pleasant 25C in the afternoons.

This is on the back of quite a hot summer though, nothing like going out for a ride where there the temperature ranges from 35-40C.

Almost as bad as the week I spent in Adelaide just after the TDU where we had overnight minimums of 40C for a week

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Broken femur.

Hello all,
Currently very wet and cold in South Wales for a change. Recovering from broken leg suffered on a training run so looking forward to contributing. Bravo Rabobank, gutsy racing.

I'm jealous of you N.C. folks. Here in the midwest we're just now getting decent riding weather topping off in the mid 40's.

My club used come to N.C. (Burnsville and Bakersville) for our "spring training camp" along with a couple of other clubs. We'd regularly do Roan Mtn, Iron Mtn. the first day, Mt. Mitchell the second and the Burnsville Metric Tour on the final day. Lots of fun and the N.C. locals are always friendly. Last year and this year we switched over to Tennessee and the Smokey Mtns.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
As you may have guessed, I'm from DC. We've had massively changeable weather here which seems to have left me with a nasty cold. 6 degrees witht the wind chill 10 days ago, 75 on Sunday for my first race of the year, back to the 40's today. Too sick to ride though, ugh.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm out here in Salt Lake City. Weather is schizophrenic at best this time of year but improving every day. I've been reading cyclingnews.com every day for about 9 years - I even have some cyclingnews socks I won a few years back for using my mad skillz picking the winning time of Levi's time trial in the ToC.

I look forward to many good discussions (I'm sure my boss doesn't feel the same way!)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
James Jordan said:
Well here in Canberra its just starting to go into autumn and its only just getting below 15C in the morning with quite pleasant 25C in the afternoons.

This is on the back of quite a hot summer though, nothing like going out for a ride where there the temperature ranges from 35-40C.

Almost as bad as the week I spent in Adelaide just after the TDU where we had overnight minimums of 40C for a week

Was at Tour Downunder also, thank god it wasn't a week later - would have killed a couple of those european pro's!!!

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Gday All, another Aussie here. Im in East Sydney and we can ride 12 months of the year here. Was a competitive junior road and TT rider a long time ago......got back on the bike in the last year for fun and fitness, and maybe to do some racing in 2010.....im a 3rd generation rider, my grandfather was a pro track rider in the 30's.

This is going to be a great forum :D

Nice to have you guys aboard! I look forward to reading your blog Tom. GL, hopefully things work out.

- EDIT: but dont spend too much time on here ;) If not it means you aren't training enough!

TRENDING THREADS