• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"News that will shock the cycling world"

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Doubt it. He was probably questioned after that post If it's about his transfer to Team Sky. He probably released the last post to let people know it's not about that.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Doping controllers are testing for the stimulant synacthen this year. Typically used in conjunction with corticoids and anabolic steroids, it is said to improve effort and pain tolerance.

A

Anonymous

Stani Kléber said:
The news is that he's not joining Sky.

is that based on his following twitter post, or is that based on some sort of factual information?

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
is that based on his following twitter post, or is that based on some sort of factual information?

It appears that twitter is the new "factual."

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
It appears that twitter is the new "factual."

Christ, how I wish someone would kill that thing. I refuse to have anything to do with it.

You can sure tell when there's a mod around by the speed, or lack thereof, with which topics get moved.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Christ, how I wish someone would kill that thing. I refuse to have anything to do with it.

You can sure tell when there's a mod around by the speed, or lack thereof, with which topics get moved.

At first I thought twitter was just another stupid myspace thing. But I am beginning to see a bit of brilliance in some of it. It gives celebs (athletes and others) the opportunity to finally be the first to toot their own horn or dispell rumors. No one has to wait for an interview or for their pr guy to release a statement. It may BE their pr guy actually posting, but you can read it earlier, not have to dig for it, etc.

I signed on twitter just to get the news and cycling feeds. I dont post, but it is a lot more convenient to go to one place on my phone and get all the news I want, in a very concise format. Sure I could go to each page individually since they are public, but much much easier for them to feed to my own page.

It's like getting the espn/cnn news that scrolls across the bottom of the tv screen but it's everything you want, minus everything you do NOT want, right on your phone (and/or other compter)

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
UTFan2 said:
At first I thought twitter was just another stupid myspace thing. But I am beginning to see a bit of brilliance in some of it. It gives celebs (athletes and others) the opportunity to finally be the first to toot their own horn or dispell rumors. No one has to wait for an interview or for their pr guy to release a statement. It may BE their pr guy actually posting, but you can read it earlier, not have to dig for it, etc.

I signed on twitter just to get the news and cycling feeds. I dont post, but it is a lot more convenient to go to one place on my phone and get all the news I want, in a very concise format. Sure I could go to each page individually since they are public, but much much easier for them to feed to my own page.

It's like getting the espn/cnn news that scrolls across the bottom of the tv screen but it's everything you want, minus everything you do NOT want, right on your phone (and/or other compter)

And you also get stuff like this:

http://twitpic.com/9tlpi

(no--it's not Bobke)

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
UTFan2 said:

Having followed it for a while via bikechatter, I think that in most cases, it's not PR guys writing that stuff. Every once in a while someone new shows up on it and you can tell that they "aren't faking it". A while ago there was a bit of chatter about what the best blackberry apps were, iphone vs blackberry, that kind of thing.

There's definitely lots of blather, but there are some good posts as well. I'm about to add a stats page on bikechatter where you can see which 'tweets' have been voted for.

Of course, the whole thing could also be a bit of a fad that blows over - I've heard twitter described as "the CB radio of web 2.0". I'm old enough to remember how cool it was that my friend's dad had a CB and had the whole lingo down and everything...

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
is it me or is that not a particularly great pair of legs.. :(

2172938914_d60f480470.jpg

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
..........that he's now a climber ?

That's what I was going to say. Is he not worried that his sudden transformation into a climber might bring unwated attention to the fridge full of blood in the team bus?

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
ihatescarves said:
That's what I was going to say. Is he not worried that his sudden transformation into a climber might bring unwated attention to the fridge full of blood in the team bus?

........................Looks like he went back in time and stole the blood of Landis that was thrown down the toilet and brought it back to 2009. Man he was fuel injected today.... look at tomorrow’s pancours. If he can hold the leaders on the climbs he can descend and TT to the overall !

TRENDING THREADS