• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No Katusha

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
In the real world, we don't know the reason yet

Being pure speculation, perhaps it's your post that belongs in the clinc along with outdated stereo types like "comrade" and team/rider insinuations, rather than the thread?

In the real world you can believe what you like :D

There was no (recent Katusha specific) thread I could see in The Clinic, but you are right, maybe time to start one, or maybe no longer required with the team now relegated.

The comrade jest refers to the article on cyclismas on 5 Dec which you may not have seen. Not sure what "insinuations" I made that you are keen to dismiss, maybe Ekimov?

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Tinman said:
In the real world you can believe what you like :D

There was no (recent Katusha specific) thread I could see in The Clinic, but you are right, maybe time to start one, or maybe no longer required with the team now relegated.

The comrade jest refers to the article on cyclismas on 5 Dec which you may not have seen. Not sure what "insinuations" I made that you are keen to dismiss, maybe Ekimov?

I haven't actualy read cyclismas since they abandoned pure satire, and let the margins and humour blur with opinion and quasi-factual pieces.

I will take a look though, good satire is hard to find. :)

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Freire - celebrating to have made the right decision

Menchov - Screwed over once again. Don't know how many grand tour winners have had to take the kind of political abuse he has.

Purito - Wishing he had gone elsewhere.

Moreno - ditto

orangerider said:

Menchov - Screwed over once again. Don't know how many grand tour winners have had to take the kind of political abuse he has.

Moreno - ditto

vuelta, cataluna, pais vasco, spanish races, tirreno, giro
he has races to shine, don't worry

orangerider said:

Moreno - ditto
Well I think most decent riders have clauses in their contract allowing them to leave if the team is relegated. Even Kristoff has such a clause, so he's free to find a new team if he wishes.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Waiting to hear the UCIs reason is kinda missing the important point IMO.

Teams/riders and sponsors should know way before the announcement which team will get a licence and which won't, because the licence criteria should be clear and predictable. They aren't.

The unpredictability means teams will fear the UCI might suddenly decide to relegate them. So, the teams will do anything to avoid upsetting the UCI. That's the real problem.

Whether deliberate or not, the rule of fear is an inevitable consequence of fickle governance.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Tinman said:
The wind has changed. Even at UCI. Any whiff of UCI "supporting" doping is no longer tenable. They have to be seen to be doing the right thing. Hence Argos in. Saxo/Contador is just too big a force to leave out, so Katusha gets the chop. And it also sends a strong signal to Comrade Makarov to back off on leadership challenges. But this move has really forced the Makarov-McQuaid battle out in the open. Expect fireworks as Russia is not going to take this lying down. But first blood for Pat on his new found mission to be seen to be clean.

This thread belongs in The Clinic.

it's ridiculous rants like yours that belong in the clinic. for the mentally disturbed and paranoid complot theory believers. you have a nice little place there, where you all believe each others bs stories without any evidence to back it up. just go back there, because posts like yours will be banned if you continue them anyway

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I Watch Cycling In July said:
Waiting to hear the UCIs reason is kinda missing the important point IMO.

Teams/riders and sponsors should know way before the announcement which team will get a licence and which won't, because the licence criteria should be clear and predictable. They aren't.

The unpredictability means teams will fear the UCI might suddenly decide to relegate them. So, the teams will do anything to avoid upsetting the UCI. That's the real problem.

Whether deliberate or not, the rule of fear is an inevitable consequence of fickle governance.
how do you know? I'm sure katusha have broken a rule that exists already and they could've known. probably thought they could get away with it or uci wouldn't do something so radical. let's wait what it exactly will be

pastronef said:
vuelta, cataluna, pais vasco, spanish races, tirreno, giro
he has races to shine, don't worry

Moreno got to ride for himself when Purito wasn't there or was tired/out of contention. With less races on the calender he will find himself with less races where he can ride for himself. Lets face it if Katusha get to all those races Purito will want to try and win them all. As a second string rider you need to be on a pro tour team so your captain can have his pick and you get your chances elsewhere. Just not enough opportunity otherwise.

I doubt that it has anything to do with ethics. If that was the case, plenty of teams would be missing. It's probably some admin/money issue. The type of thing we have seen in the past. Just because Katusha appear to be cashed up, the details may be different. The alternative is politics of course. Obviously Rodriguez's results count for nothing. Two podiums in grand tours this year and two classic wins.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
"The problems are likely to have arisen on the administrative and ethical side. The commission would have balked when looking over the team's recent managerial changes: from Andrei Tchmil, to Holczer to Ekimov in four years. Holczer indicated to Cycling Weekly after he quit in October that after he made the team work it would have trouble on its own."

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/535988/katusha-why-was-the-russian-team-relegated.html

holczer is a complete idiot, stupid enough to have misjudged all of his riders doping in the past and trust, me he really didn't know about it. that's how much of an idiot he is. I will never forget him on ard with sinkewitz. how anyone like him could have any managerial function is beyond me. I don't think it's ethical or they would not have advised to go pct to them.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
cineteq said:
Purito is now free to leave KAT!!!!
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...-katusha-but-to-go-where-and-with-whom_268606

KAT out of WT a godsend since he wanted to leave them anyway.

He needs help if he goes there.

Maybe OPQS?

Interesting news. Would like to see him at Euskaltel now that they have relaxed their all basque policy, but I don't think they have the funds to sign him.

Lampre have been looking for a GC candidate ever since Cunego the GC candidate effectively retired, so he might be a fit there.

The timing of this is not great for Purito because many rosters are just about full by now. Maybe he takes a 1 year contract somewhere for now and then explores the market in full next year.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Rodriguez fits perfectly at Movistar, where valverde can work for him instead of the other way around :D

No way man:D,there is Piti and Quintana.

I would say Euskaltel,but there is a lack of money,so my bet is BMC:cool:

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:

Or maybe he won't leave at all ? ;)

Katusha pays him great amount and they'll be invited to most races.

ILovecycling said:

Canondale could be a good fit. Basso is there only real GT leader and he is in final stages of his career. They don't have an obvious leader for the TDF next year, so Purito could be a good fit for them?

adamski101 said:
Cannondale could be a good fit. Basso is there only real GT leader and he is in final stages of his career. They don't have an obvious leader for the TDF next year, so Purito could be a good fit for them?
Plus 'Il parla Italiano', I like this one. :)
Basso as super domestique, again? :eek:

TRENDING THREADS