• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No Katusha

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ryo Hazuki said:
you realize that scaproni is suspended for 3 months despite those tapes. they really have nothing better right? :eek:

No, the full details of the Padova investigation have not yet been disclosed to CONI. When that comes in Scarponi's situation could dramatically change for the worse, from what I've read.

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If this really was financial rather than ethical or sporting reasons, surely UCI would have accepted 17 teams and given Katusha a chance to provide more evidence - or possibly given them a final deadline like Christina Watches.
Could this all just be a clever plot by the UCI to get a 19th team into the ProTour? If the reason is financial and Katusha can demonstrate they are sound, UCI will be forced to accept them, and they have already committed places to 18 teams.

Morbius said:
Could this all just be a clever plot by the UCI to get a 19th team into the ProTour? If the reason is financial and Katusha can demonstrate they are sound, UCI will be forced to accept them, and they have already committed places to 18 teams.
I'm thinking that'll be the solution for the UCI 'screw up'.

oldcrank said:
BMW, Froomey and J-ROD each lead one GT and each
ride support in one GT. And with Greg Lemond as a DS,
Sky is set to dominate another year.

Wiggins will be out of shape and lacking motivation, Froome will be overmatched facing a hungry Contador who will be bringing the pain and Purito will hopefully maintain his senses and sign with some other team.:D

Afrank said:
LOL! :D, Purito would never sign with Sky, and I doubt Sky would ever sign him. The team already has too many leaders.

I doubt Sky could offer Purito the thing required for him to join Sky, (the race leadership, not the money) if they did I am sure he would jump at the chance.

I am not sure Sky would want another leader to, for me they primarily want to develop you British talent, and he would just close doors to this, the type of riders Sky want are road leaders who can pass on experience and young talent

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
2012's best rider and second best team now in the 2nd division.

Rules are gone. UCI members' personal opinions decide the World Tour teams? :eek:

And Argos-Shimano.... as sponsor of UCI - of course they would be selected. I'm sure UCI got a great Christmas gift from Shimano?

Cycling is screwed - we have to do something.

IlCobraFan said:
2012's best rider and second best team now in the 2nd division.

Rules are gone. UCI members' personal opinions decide the World Tour teams? :eek:

And Argos-Shimano.... as sponsor of UCI - of course they would be selected. I'm sure UCI got a great Christmas gift from Shimano?

Cycling is screwed - we have to do something.

our only hope is that cobra di formigine will be cleared by cas and he will go head to head against mcquaid and lemond at the next uci elections

Katusha's waiting...
A-BFhMtCMAA6l5z.jpg

TRENDING THREADS