• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No Katusha

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
rhubroma said:
I hypothesized that this was an ethical issue and, naturally, I was right.

yes. that's also why rusvelo was just refused a license too:rolleyes:. i guess they had also shiitloads of positives no? ethical lol. by uci. how they even found the word?
it's easy. the russians want the head of mcquaid

if it would be about ethical, you will remain with two teams or something like that.and pray that guys from those teams don't get a cold

again, this case is about power not moral issues.

jens_attacks said:
yes. that's also why rusvelo was just refused a license too:rolleyes:. i guess they had also shiitloads of positives no? ethical lol. by uci. how they even found the word?
it's easy. the russians want the head of mcquaid

if it would be about ethical, you will remain with two teams or something like that.and pray that guys from those teams don't get a cold

again, this case is about power not moral issues.

Dude whatever the situation of rusvelo is, is of no bearing on the official motivation behind the Katusha debacle, which anyone could have read in the dailies several days back and which I anticipated here.

Of course it's about power silly, for which the "moral issues" are merely a concealing public facade. However, in light of recent events that have shaken the UCI to the core, the "ethical concerns" have now been placed within new selective based policy strategies. Any dumby can figure this out.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Dude whatever the situation of rusvelo is, is of no bearing on the official motivation behind the Katusha debacle, which anyone could have read in the dailies several days back and which I anticipated here.

Of course it's about power silly, for which the "moral issues" are merely a concealing public facade. However, in light of recent events that have shaken the UCI to the core, the "ethical concerns" have now been placed within new selective based policy strategies. Any dumby can figure this out.

you sound like the biggest condescending "dumby" here

It's not over until the fat lady sings. :D
In any case, there will be 18 teams, not 19, meaning if KAT is reinstated the WT license process will start again. :eek: KAT should know by Jan. 15, 2013 if they will be receiving its WT license or denied.

"En el caso de que el Tribunal de Arbitraje Deportivo (TAS) acepte el recurso del Katusha por su rechazo y apruebe su registro como equipo WorldTour -la resolución se espera en la primera quincena de enero-, la Comisión de Licencias reiniciará el proceso de admisión a todos los equipos a los que se les ha aplicado una licencia nueva para 2013"

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=58067

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
On the biciclismo article they mentions that his 4 spanish teammates would follow him but not his masseur.

He even complain about spanish media not giving much space for his results during his 2012, while outside Spain he has much more media attention.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Michele said:
On the biciclismo article they mentions that his 4 spanish teammates would follow him but not his masseur.

He even complain about spanish media not giving much space for his results during his 2012, while outside Spain he has much more media attention.

Lol, no way there's a team left with 5 open spots....

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Michele said:

that will never happen. lol, what team have 5 open spots?

I don't really like the situation with JRod threatening to leave. Business is business though and he has to look out for #1, but Katusha has been good to him.

I don't know how I feel about JRod's chances in the tour. I'd say he has the best chance this year that he has ever had if his form keeps up, but he always has that one bad day. I still would only pick him for 3rd place. The Vuelta format with time bonuses favored him alot more than the Tour format will.

So one of the most corrupt societies in the world is running a cycling team that has corrupt practices and unethical behaviour ? I have no problem with what the UCI has done even though I think there is more too it than just corruption. The only disappointing thing is that they have not done the same to other teams. If they are serious about cleaning up the sport this is what they should be doing.

TRENDING THREADS