• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No Madison!?!

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Many people on this site and others enjoy racing and all the people who go along with it,past,present and future. Go out and see a Madison race, points race. Most if not all great pros will tell you that both are some of the best mass start events that can be done on a bike. Go to a 6 day anywhere and you will believe. I am unsure what are seen as absolutely needed cycling events for a good program at the Olympic games, if points race and Madison are not 2,BMX should be left out of the UCI's budget to make room for better racing.

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Why should BMX be left out, because you don't like it?

Its Fast, short, lots of crashing and a growing sport. Its easy to see why the UCI went with this approach.

I don't follow or enjoy BMX but its understandable. You have to make sacrifices. If anything they should take Road racing, Soccer, Basketball, and all of the other big sports out of the Olympics. Athletes from those sports have many more important games to play. But BMX, Track cycling and all the other smaller sport benefit much more from competing at the Olympics.

Many top athletes don't go to the Olympics or will talk in interviews about how they don't care for them.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
They are ditching the Road Madison Race from the Olympics! The utter Bar Stewards! Before I even got to watch it once:mad:

Unless of course the OP was talking about the glorious track madison, in which case this thread should be moved, and this post can be happily deleted.

A

Anonymous

the wife is pleased.. the madison confuses the crap out of her...

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
That's to bad, IMO it is the most exciting event in cycling.

It is really a great form of bike racing,Even done poorly it can improve every aprt of your racing technique. I see your location,say hi to my mom