• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

non-cycling Michael Ball news

This should probably be in road.general or attached to one of the Rock threads.

I suspect that the feds are going after Ball for something more than suggesting a sham marriage. You cannot throw a rock in L.A. without hitting an illegal immigrant. There are like twenty million in the U.S., so why criminally prosecute one who is semi-legal? I bet that either the boyfriend told the feds about something other than an immigration issue that Ball was involved with or the feds have been looking at Ball for some time and they see this as a way to pressure the woman into giving information about Ball. Ball was probably involved with the woman while she was modeling for his company.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This should probably be in road.general or attached to one of the Rock threads.

I was going to, but the story had nothing to do with cycling, so I thought I'd throw it here.

I suspect that the feds are going after Ball for something more than suggesting a sham marriage. You cannot throw a rock in L.A. without hitting an illegal immigrant. There are like twenty million in the U.S., so why criminally prosecute one who is semi-legal? I bet that either the boyfriend told the feds about something other than an immigration issue that Ball was involved with or the feds have been looking at Ball for some time and they see this as a way to pressure the woman into giving information about Ball. Ball was probably involved with the woman while she was modeling for his company.

I totally agree, I also couldn't imagine him not tapping into some of those jean models. Just seeing how this guy conducts himself in public.
Seems like this other guy had an axe to grind against his 'wife'. As far as the feds go, going after someone who has some power makes a lot more noise than going after one of the 20 million.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Didn't Ball get sued for sexual harrasement and/or unfair dismissal of a female employee?

As for Fernanda Romero, I can see why Ball might be interested in her, I sure as hell would!

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Looking at the photo and reading the story I would conclude this is a good thing that Ball did. I think the pizza delivery man should shut up and enjoy whatever fruit he got from this.

fatandfast said:
Looking at the photo and reading the story I would conclude this is a good thing that Ball did. I think the pizza delivery man should shut up and enjoy whatever fruit he got from this.

It is not the pizza delivery man/fake husband who is talking. It's the photoagrapher ex-boyfriend. Maybe Ball paid the fake husband. Maybe he accounted for the payment as a business expense.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Lord knows there's no shortage of reasons to dislike Michael Ball (the ugly, over-priced clothing, the team full of dopers, etc.), but breaking a few laws to get that woman in the back seat of his Escalade isn't one of them.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Wallace said:
Lord knows there's no shortage of reasons to dislike Michael Ball (the ugly, over-priced clothing....

Never really looked at the R&R clothes until now. Reminds me of Eastern European Bohunk style. In Budapest just walk into any cheeseball techno club an you'd think you walked into a Rock and Republic ad, except the guys all so wasted from cheap palinka (brandy) they can hardly cat call the really good looking women. US version would be Jersey Shore I guess. Clothing for young douchebags that can't think for themselves. 60 dollar pet collar? Cool man :cool:

TRENDING THREADS