• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 173 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

BullsFan22 said:
ToreBear said:
Hey Vylegs back! Has anybody noticed number 36, ESTEVE ALTIMIRAS Irineu. He's got the colorful suit and seems to be constantly at the front? I can't remember ever having noticed him before.

Almost got a medal at the U23's the last two seasons. Good at both classic and skate. Very talented.

Thanks! It will be interesting to follow him further.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Re:

DenisMenchov said:
I'm not watching, just following the live timing, Klaebo distanced?
klaebo is way back...he also had a fall earlier. the head group is a little less numerous...i part due to ski change that just took place in part due to attrition..of the noticeable tactical developments important to note that the french are doing a team tactic as one rarely sees, having in mind the manificat distance cup...also visible is the strength of spitsov...

Re:

DenisMenchov said:
I can't help but feel very excited about Russia's cross country team in the yeas to come. Bolshunov, Spitsov, Nepryaeva and Belorukova look so promising. It will be a great fight between them and Norway.

Well, you also have the old guard, Vylegzhanin (who by the looks of it, would have been another contender at Korea), still competing Bessmertnykh, Legkov (who may continue on after this season), and who can forget Ustiugov, who is only 25 (!!!) and was another guy that was unjustly and unfairly, without any proof, banned from competing in Korea.

Happy for Cologna. FINALLY wins a 50km and gets revenge for the photo finish he lost in 2015. Now he's truly won everything!! Wonder if he'll stick around until 2022 and try and go for the 50km there? He'll be 35, almost 36 then, but hopefully he can still contend then.

Re: Re:

BullsFan22 said:
DenisMenchov said:
I can't help but feel very excited about Russia's cross country team in the yeas to come. Bolshunov, Spitsov, Nepryaeva and Belorukova look so promising. It will be a great fight between them and Norway.

Well, you also have the old guard, Vylegzhanin (who by the looks of it, would have been another contender at Korea), still competing Bessmertnykh, Legkov (who may continue on after this season), and who can forget Ustiugov, who is only 25 (!!!) and was another guy that was unjustly and unfairly, without any proof, banned from competing in Korea.

Happy for Cologna. FINALLY wins a 50km and gets revenge for the photo finish he lost in 2015. Now he's truly won everything!! Wonder if he'll stick around until 2022 and try and go for the 50km there? He'll be 35, almost 36 then, but hopefully he can still contend then.

Of course I didn't forget those guys, it's just that all 4 of the ones that I mentioned are under 23 (well Belorukova isn't since January, but still).
It was a very good race, such a small margin in the end.

BullsFan22 said:
Oude Geuze said:
BullsFan22 said:
Disgusting commentary from ZDF. Why can't they find some competent people that know the sport a little better and that don't have to make stupid politically motivating comments. Goodness me.

I thought you of all people would enjoy a little politics with your sports:)

No thanks. I am not xenophobic and I hate double standards and hypocrisy.

That’s actually really surprising to me.

Oude Geuze said:
BullsFan22 said:
Oude Geuze said:
BullsFan22 said:
Disgusting commentary from ZDF. Why can't they find some competent people that know the sport a little better and that don't have to make stupid politically motivating comments. Goodness me.

I thought you of all people would enjoy a little politics with your sports:)

No thanks. I am not xenophobic and I hate double standards and hypocrisy.

That’s actually really surprising to me.

You can take that any way you wish. Nice use of sarcasm though.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
ZDF has to be some of the worst pro NATO propaganda when it comes to XC Skiing/Biathlon, there's a reason why I prefer Swiss TV.
Really happy for Cologna, he finally won a 50km race.

Mayomaniac said:
BullsFan22 said:
ZDF has to be some of the worst pro NATO propaganda when it comes to XC Skiing/Biathlon, there's a reason why I prefer Swiss TV.

Unfortunately I can't get SRF. How do you get it if you are outside of Switzerland? And specifically about ZDF, I haven't heard of the guy commentating on today's race. Must be new, or I just haven't watched too many races on ZDF. It's as if he has specific, strict orders...In some ways I was glad they only showed 20 minutes of the race. Thankfully there is Youtube...

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
Mayomaniac said:
BullsFan22 said:

Unfortunately I can't get SRF. How do you get it if you are outside of Switzerland? And specifically about ZDF, I haven't heard of the guy commentating on today's race. Must be new, or I just haven't watched too many races on ZDF. It's as if he has specific, strict orders...In some ways I was glad they only showed 20 minutes of the race. Thankfully there is Youtube...
I'm from South Tyrol, so we get Swiss TV, not only the German, but also the Italian one, LA1 - RSI, no idea on how to get Swiss TV in Germany, but years ago the mentioned the fact that a ton of Germans watched the Tour on Swiss TV and boosted their ratings, but maybe you only get it in SouthWest Germany

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
if i could reduce my impressions of the 50k to soundbites, it would be something like this (not necessarily in the same order)

-why krogh is allowed to embarrass himself and northug isn't ?
-klaebo a distance genius too ? not yet
-vyleg isn't done yet... would likely win if it was a classic ?
-the french team work was for nothing
-sundby, get bigger shoes, or longer legs, will you !
- watch out for spitsov, a true distance talent imo.
-chervotkin not the smartest tactic...
-cologna a genius or just reversed his usual bad luck in kollen
-h0lund like harvey, talk too much
-danny richardsson my hero, yes, for being the 11th