• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Bauer didn't change ski when almost everobody did. I fear he f****d it. Clearly now he has big problem with wax uphill. Shame cause he clearly has great form.

Kokoso said:
Bauer didn't change ski when almost everobody did. I fear he f****d it. Clearly now he has big problem with wax uphill. Shame cause he clearly has great form.
He might get away with it though, cos of the slow pace up front, he's got the new skis in the last 5k, he's back in the group, and they're gliding well. As you say, his form is good. If he can get back up among the front few before M?rdarbacken, who knows?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Kokoso said:
looks like he did everything right !

was back and now leading...

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Bauer for giving us little chance that Northug won't win. Shame on everbody else but.

Also I think Bauer gave an answer on topic Olsson vs. Bauer. I'm very glad for him, I think there is nobody who wouldn't wish him this medal.

kingjr said:
Haters gonna hate. I don't like Northug either, but he is definitely the only one who seems to be using his brain in this sport.

Simon Gerrans uses his brain, but nobody likes watching him race. Apart from a couple of athletes I will spare (Bauer, Olsson in the first half of the race, S?dergren) they all played into Northug's hands.

The fact that he's an obnoxious, unlikable *** the rest of the time just serves to make the "I hate watching you race" haters into "I want you to go away" haters. For all the moaning I do about Martin Fourcade, it's only in the races he bothers me. Northug is objectionable at almost all times.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Walkman said:
Huh?

Bauer did not do as much work as Olsson and was lucky.

Huh? Bauer did all the work last five kilometres or so, when it really mattered. Olsson worked before when it was useless and than nothing. How was he lucky?

Northug, Olsson, Bauer and S?dergren are about the only athletes who can come away from today with any fondness tactically. Olsson worked hard early on to force the selection, but once the weather changed he settled in and got a medal. Bauer had good form and gambled on the late ski change, and it paid off, he led from the front and pushed the pace on the last lap. S?dergren did a lot of pacing and tried a solo break which was perhaps inevitably doomed.

Maybe Vylegzhanin, as he had all the momentum coming into the last small climbs, however Bauer saw him trying to attack and shut the door on him into the stadium, he lost all momentum and that cost him a medal. Vyleg would have been on the outside anyway, so maybe in retrospect Bauer should have gone right and closed the door on Northug rather than Vyleg, but Vyleg was the more immediate threat as he was right on Bauer's heels into the stadium while Northug was coming from further back.

TRENDING THREADS