• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 82 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think the women behind Weng showed some bad sportsmanship. Surely had they sreamed to weng that she was going the wron way she would have noticed it.

Hopefully Cologna gets into top shape until the Tour de Ski. Otherwise it will be a walk in the park for Sundby.

Men`s race was really disapointing today. Besides Sundby and Kroog everybody wa ssleeping until the last few km yet again. Alweays the same boring stuff.

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
World cup victory nr. 95 for Ole. Who said Fourcade? :p
Impressive stuff, I suspected that his break this summer due to illness would actually be good for him, as his body really needed a break!

Ridiculous pace by Fourcade though, if he starts shooting decently again he'll be unbeatable :eek:

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
He will. He absolutely sucked in the Östersund Individual last year, cos he set off at a blistering speed, missed a bunch of targets, then just took it easy. Today he made it to the final shoot before he blew it so was still quite high up there.
He was quite fast on the last lap too actually. It's just that Fourcade rarely is the fastest on the last lap as he lacks explosiveness. Anyway, Tarjei will definitely be a problem for Fourcade and Svendsen was not too bad aswell. Johannes is out of shape, but in shape he will beat anybody. I think Fourcade will have a tough competition whether he has improved or not

If we're talking about "problems" for Fourcade, obviously Schempp looks to be in a menacing overall shape. Hopefully it is not the "Frühform" mentioned by Benedikt Doll on Sunday when talking about the Norwegians (...and then he (Doll) clocked the 2nd fastest course time today...)

OTOH, we're at the beginning. After the first mountain stage I thought Richie Porte was the overall favourite for the Giro... :)

Re:

TomasC said:
If we're talking about "problems" for Fourcade, obviously Schempp looks to be in a menacing overall shape. Hopefully it is not the "Frühform" mentioned by Benedikt Doll on Sunday when talking about the Norwegians (...and then he (Doll) clocked the 2nd fastest course time today...)

OTOH, we're at the beginning. After the first mountain stage I thought Richie Porte was the overall favourite for the Giro... :)
indeed. will be a great season with so many competitors. Fourcade is good, but I wouldn't call him the winner just yet based on one skiing performance.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
i'm looking forward to the lady's 15k tomorrow. kaisa is an intuitive fave in my mind but miriam is too. as well as some of the CZE or NOR girls. watch out for PODCHUFAROVA's . they must have worked hard on her speed component to add up.

Re:

python said:
i'm looking forward to the lady's 15k tomorrow. kaisa is an intuitive fave in my mind but miriam is too. as well as some of the CZE or NOR girls. watch out for PODCHUFAROVA's . they must have worked hard on her speed component to add up.
Maybe I'm just unaware of what's going on in the ladies competitions, but what have Gössner done to be a favourite? Her shooting is mediocre and the last time I checked she's still not up to her 2013/14 speed. I hope she will be competitive though :D

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
python said:
Maybe I'm just unaware of what's going on in the ladies competitions, but what have Gössner done to be a favourite? Her shooting is mediocre and the last time I checked she's still not up to her 2013/14 speed. I hope she will be competitive though :D
this is the 1st official wc race of the season, right ? thus, none of us are aware where the girls stand...i'm just saying in the hope for a fun race... b/c of some memories :)

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

python said:
I just have to root for Wierer, I know her, we have mutual friends and she went to school with my cousin and rides a Pinarello.

Gössner should never be a favourite in the Individual, though signs that she's got at least back to her 2011-12 kind of speed if not her 2010-11 and 2012-13 speed are relatively good. Fastish skiers who are more stable than her in the range are more likely candidates. Soukalová if she has form has to be a favourite, and Dorin Habert. Vitková, Eckhoff and Mäkäräinen all need to get the shooting right to be up there but could. Dahlmeier would have been a favourite if healthy. With no Domracheva, it will be interesting to see how the Belarusians do and if additional focus from the coaches will help Skardino.

Don't underrate Podchufarova's ski pace, she was pretty useful on the skis early last season before the freak accident with the dog in training at Oberhof.

TRENDING THREADS