• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 303 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, Norway's selection has been really poor, not to mention that they also could have brought a distance skier instead of Taugboel..

It has become a complete farce. Iversen was promised a place on the 15k after Ruka. Since then his form plummeted. All he has done the past month is to prepare for this race. Now he feels he has been "stabbed in the back". And he will probably not race at all this olympics.

It has become a complete farce. Iversen was promised a place on the 15k after Ruka. Since then his form plummeted. All he has done the past month is to prepare for this race. Now he feels he has been "stabbed in the back". And he will probably not race at all this olympics.

He had two good races this season, and they were the first two distance races he took part in, Beitostølen and Ruka. He was also a part of the first team that won the Lillehammer relay, but you can’t read too much into that performance, it was over two months ago now and the course was much easier and so were snow conditions. Even there though, Bolshunov and Niskanen upped that pace anc dropped him as soon as they did. A bit premature of the coaches to pick him so early. I think if only Klæbo ends up winning individual medals for them, Bjervig will be shown the door.

Klaebo is racing? Thats a rather comical decision. No way in hell he has any chance in these conditions in anything but the sprint.
Regarding the track. Why in the world are they only preparing a single classic lane. I dont get it. The tracks are as wide as a highway and they only do single lanes. Very weird.

Last edited:
Holund and Goldberg for the classic leg now looks less scary in the relay for Norway.
If Kreuger makes it and is in form that's a strong team. Especially as Bolshunov didn't look as strong as normal.
I wish there was a mixed relay to see how much of an advantage the Niskanen's could build.
Very impressed by Klaebo.

Looks a bit better for the Norwegians after that. Should be Golberg and Holund on the classic legs now and then hopefully Krueger is ok to start the relay.

In regards the 50k, only way I can see Klaebo having a chance of a medal is if Bolshunov somehow doesn't race it. Without him, there's no one else really to push the pace hard enough and long enough to burn Klaebo off. With Bolshunov though, I'd imagine between himself and Spitsov, they just ski away from the rest at some point.

Got to be happy for Niskanen especially after what happened with his sister yesterday. I wouldn't rule out Finland to get a medal especially for the relay where they seem to be favourite for bronze.

Bolshunov wasn't as good but he still did a very good race, he can't reach 5 golds anymore in these games but 5 medals seem likely (maybe 4 golds!) which should make him the athlete of the games.

Klæbo really strong this time to get his first individual distance medal ever but this is historically his best race so I can't see him getting a medal in the 50km only in the team sprint and in the relay, although Norway will have a hard time for the latter one especially if they don't have Krüger for the third leg.

TRENDING THREADS