• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

O Gran Camiño 2023, Spain, February 23-26

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Must have been under his 20 minute power after that attack

1860 of VAM on moderately steep climb is under his 20-minute power? I doubt it. If that was the case he would have been faster. Find me a 20+ minute performance with VAM higher than 1860 on moderately steep climb. Pogacar's 1840 for 24 minutes on 8% (Peyresourde) is the closest I can think of but it was the peak season (TdF), not February.

Last edited:
1860 of VAM on moderately steep climb is under his 20-minute power? I doubt it. If that was the case he would have been faster. Find me a 20+ minute performance with VAM higher than 1860 on moderately steep climb. Pogacar's 1840 for 24 minutes on 8% (Peyresourde) is the closest I can think of but it was the peak season (TdF), not February.
I'm ballparking it. Altitude is also 1000+m lower. Its definitely less than if it were a 15 minute flat effort.

I'm ballparking it. Altitude is also 1000+m lower. Its definitely less than if it were a 15 minute flat effort.

Yeah, I didn't take into account near sea-level altitude, which gives a few additional % compared to a 1500-m mountain col.

Veingegaard the favorite to win the Tour confirmed

According to bookies there are two massive favourites and it takes a small miracle for somebody else to win (esp. that next guys on the list will probably not take part).

The 1860 includes his attack. Red Rick and I talked about after his attack when the gap stabilised. He was slower then.

Reactions: Red Rick
Stage 3 start. Now that Vinge got his win he might cancel this stage as well!

FpzWthbXoAIUvuP

TRENDING THREADS