• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
I do not share this obsession with Armstrong. I haven't said much about it, except questioning yet another thread opened some weeks back.

If any of the "clean" people I devote my energy to ever get sprung, I do not think I would dwell on it for long, but we'll have to wait and see the veracity of this.

Personally, kicking someone when they are already down, to me, feels wrong.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
I do not share this obsession with Armstrong. I haven't said much about it, except questioning yet another thread opened some weeks back.

If any of the "clean" people I devote my energy to ever get sprung, I do not think I would dwell on it for long, but we'll have to wait and see the veracity of this.

1) Lance Armstrong, the biggest fraud in sporting history, was partially brought down by a myriad of individuals, some members of this forum, whose primary communications channel was the internet. They, or we, are not "obsessed" with Armstrong. We simply love cycling and know that cycling could not be become a clean sport until its most egregious cheat was brought to some form of justice.

2) We are not kicking a man when he is down. Lance Armstrong is a cheater, perjurer, and a criminal fraud. He cheated a variety of individuals and organizations out of many, many millions of dollars. His vindictive acts caused emotional, professional and financial harm to many.

Every governing body in cycling agrees with the findings of the USADA, yet Armstrong continues his arrogant defiance. I applaud those with the determination to respond to Armstrong's arrogance with the truth until Lance Armstrong is no longer newsworthy; however long that takes.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

Kicking someone when he is down? He has and is kicking people still.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Zweistein said:
Kicking someone when he is down? He has and is kicking people still.

If I could hold him down in prison while he gets you know what, I would.

On second thought, given that Armstrong is a psychopath, he would enjoy that.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
Turner29 said:
Armstrong is not a "corporate psychopath." He is a psychopath. Why Chris Golis makes the distinction is beyond me, especially given the traits he lists are straight from Robert Hare. In fact, by including the word "corporate," it undermines the level of Armstrong's dysfunction.

There is a website where a person of some expertise sleuths statements made by prominent sports persons, politicians, criminals etc. to expose the use of particular substitute words and phrases that disclose they are publicly tampering with the truth.

On Armstrong

Deception Depth and Lance Armstrong

Extract

Armstrong paid for UCI's new Sysmex blood testing machine which would catch cheaters. This reminds me of Elvis Presley at the White House, stoned out of his mind, receiving a special anti drug badge from President Nixon.
Other analyses of Armstrong on the website:

Lance Armstrong Under Oath

Transcripts: The World According to Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong: Sociopathic Liar?

Armstrong Steps Down From Foundation

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The pic of Lance on the couch says it all.

It's Sunday, he should be age-grouping some sprint tri somewhere bringing awareness to people who don't know what cancer is yet.

Instead, he's imitating a couch potato in his trophy room all by himself.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Velodude said:
There is a website where a person of some expertise sleuths statements made by prominent sports persons, politicians, criminals etc. to expose the use of particular substitute words and phrases that disclose they are publicly tampering with the truth.

On Armstrong

Deception Depth and Lance Armstrong

Extract

Other analyses of Armstrong on the website:

Lance Armstrong Under Oath

Transcripts: The World According to Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong: Sociopathic Liar?

Armstrong Steps Down From Foundation

"I have never failed in hundreds of drug tests" is like a bank robber saying that he made legal withdrawals hundreds of times without stealing. The number of ethical withdrawals does not negate even a single theft."

Have you seen the American TV show Moonshiners?

A tag line is "it's not illegal until you get caught."

Scott SoCal said:
The pic of Lance on the couch says it all.

It's Sunday, he should be age-grouping some sprint tri somewhere bringing awareness to people who don't know what cancer is yet.

Instead, he's imitating a couch potato in his trophy room all by himself.

He can't last long like this. There are people to intimidate, frauds to perform, fans to humiliate. It seems like the 'family man' B.S. has passed too.

He's going to screw this up too.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
He can't last long like this. There are people to intimidate, frauds to perform, fans to humiliate. It seems like the 'family man' B.S. has passed too.

He's going to screw this up too.

I agree. He's got way too much time on his hands.

He's got no influence, no power, no friends. I'm guessing baby momma II is prolly gonna hit the road soon.

If he polishes his crystal ball real good he'll see a very bad version of Pete Rose. #bleakfuture.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. And its Monday...
couchpotato.jpg

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Sorry, I couldn't resist. And its Monday...
couchpotato.jpg

SB,

You have a gift, that image pretty much summarizes his fate.

Lance will be found in a gutter somewhere in 5-10 yrs as public humiliation is too painful for a raging narcissist like him.

This twitter picture was on the France 2 evening news last night described as a "provocation". It is also featured in the written press this morning.

It seems to me that the "paid" comments following articles on Armstrong (no need to say negative, as they are all negative now) have dropped off considerably. Maybe he considers the PR battle lost and not worth the budget to pay people to promote the brand by posing as fans.

I feel somewhat sorry for those contributors to Livestrong who invested a lot of time and effort for a seemingly good cause that now must deal with this. They should have seen what was coming, but many of them were well meaning and got caught up in the scam. I think eventually the services provided by Livestrong will be transferred to another cancer support organisation that is unrelated to any cheaters/drug dealers.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
good interview...

"Armstrong asking Saugy how the EPO test works is a bit like walking into a bank and asking the manager to show how the lock on the safe operates." ;)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Armstrong is a doing a little bit one at a time to keep himself in the news. The guy is now a has-been. Cycling has now moved forward to talk about how best to deal with doping in the future.

I do find it strange that the resignation was backdated a week ago.

TRENDING THREADS