• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 106 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Neworld said:
Canadians always love a good doping story, achem, the most powerful doping story to date. Good on you CBC, hope its worthy.
NW

I thought this was just the australian news show rebranded as a 5th estate doc, ie no work at all by the CBC except to hit the play button.

If anyone knows if this is more then I'll watch it, but I'm pretty sure we've (in the Clinic, not all Canadians) all seen this by now.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
WinterRider said:
I thought this was just the australian news show rebranded as a 5th estate doc, ie no work at all by the CBC except to hit the play button.

If anyone knows if this is more then I'll watch it, but I'm pretty sure we've (in the Clinic, not all Canadians) all seen this by now.

Sorry, my bad. Confused with another link.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
WinterRider said:

You may be right, I have not seen the Aussie 'issue'. If you are right..."CBC gets 1/2 marks for journalistic work", but I will still watch it.

I will look for the credits at the end of the episode and see if it references Oz.
NW

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
Nothing on LA. Doping in track and field with some interesting comments from Don Catlin.

When I saw the preview It had D. Walsh (who I haven't seen speak) and Tyler (with different hair product) and Betsy...to me it looked different, but again I didn't see the 4 corners or Aussie report (was it called 4 corners?)
NW

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
world according to lance armstrong

Turkey day you can watch LA get roasted on CNN starring Betsy Andreu.This is a must watch and the VERY best is at the end as only lance can say so well:rolleyes:

There was a great moment on BBC Radio 5 yesterday afternoon with a caller talking about people cheating at on-line scrabble. It was a pretty dull call and the presenters didn't seem particularly interested - until he dropped the LA-bomb: "These people are the Lance Armstrongs of parlour games!" :D And that one line shot him up to win the best caller of the segment.

Poor old Lance, even his name is now a synonym for liar and cynical cheat to the general public. :cool:

VO2 Max said:
There was a great moment on BBC Radio 5 yesterday afternoon with a caller talking about people cheating at on-line scrabble. It was a pretty dull call and the presenters didn't seem particularly interested - until he dropped the LA-bomb: "These people are the Lance Armstrongs of parlour games!" :D And that one line shot him up to win the best caller of the segment.

Poor old Lance, even his name is now a synonym for liar and cynical cheat to the general public. :cool:

Yep I've heard it as well.

In the legal context I heard another say "They're trying to Lance Armstrong us" meaning they were trying to bully us with a frivolous law suit.

Cheating ba5tard.

thehog said:
Yep I've heard it as well.

In the legal context I heard another say "They're trying to Lance Armstrong us" meaning they were trying to bully us with a frivolous law suit.

Cheating ba5tard.

"Pulling a Lance" is set to become a more universal phrase than "to smurf". It applies to all activities of the dark side. A miniature version of religion, polictics, and economics since WWII. Yellow and black will go back it it's original meanings "wasp, will sting" and "nuclear radiation, stay well clear".

Cloxxki said:
"Pulling a Lance" is set to become a more universal phrase than "to smurf". It applies to all activities of the dark side. A miniature version of religion, polictics, and economics since WWII. Yellow and black will go back it it's original meanings "wasp, will sting" and "nuclear radiation, stay well clear".

Or whenever a female gets a creepy text from a guy she'll phrase it as "Gary sent me a weirdo Lance last night"

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Or whenever a female gets a creepy text from a guy she'll phrase it as "Gary sent me a weirdo Lance last night"

you're overemphasizing, no need for buttering your peanutbutter.

just 'a Lance' would suffice. The wierdo bit is implied.

i.e. "Gary sent me a Lance last night"

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
You're absolutely right. :)

Thank-you for the correction.

can it also be used in a good way?

Let's say the missus likes it when I do unspeakable things to her (I would put links up to videos of these things but I think it would result in another ban for me),

could she say, 'come on, do a Lance on me' and it would be something naughty, dirty and plain wrong in most people's eyes but still a source of enjoyment for her? :eek:

workingclasshero said:
can it also be used in a good way?

Let's say the missus likes it when I do unspeakable things to her (I would put links up to videos of these things but I think it would result in another ban for me),

could she say, 'come on, do a Lance on me' and it would be something naughty, dirty and plain wrong in most people's eyes but still a source of enjoyment for her? :eek:

I'm not sure i understand.

Could you go into more detail on those things that would be "naughty, dirty and plain wrong"?

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
The name I see Lance linked to most frequently these days is Bernie Madoff, which is a very apt comparison. Although, it's a bit unfair to Madoff - at least he's admitted his malfeasance. Something Wonderpuss has yet to do.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Pazuzu said:
The name I see Lance linked to most frequently these days is Bernie Madoff, which is a very apt comparison. Although, it's a bit unfair to Madoff - at least he's admitted his malfeasance. Something Wonderpuss has yet to do.

Madoff is cynical, but Armstrong is a megalomaniac on top of it and he won't admit his misdeeds, because in that case he would end up like Madoff - behind bars and that option doesn't exist in his psychopathic reality. Nobody incarcerates the Messiah.

Lukenwolf said:
Madoff is cynical, but Armstrong is a megalomaniac on top of it and he won't admit his misdeeds, because in that case he would end up like Madoff - behind bars and that option doesn't exist in his psychopathic reality. Nobody incarcerates the Messiah.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.... NOBODY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk2fXsnzirI

Wonderboy is getting good advice. He can't go anywhere near a deposition. I think we all agree the perjury charges would set off a string of felony charges and likely implicate Wiesel and the rest. He's Oliver North in this complicated fraud.

TRENDING THREADS