• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 390 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Conversely, I've often wondered what effect the cells would have on storage.

4273318726.JPG

1454703_10202386246478211_1168575369_n.jpg

Or what effect cells would have on the ability to walk normally.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Frigo did not have Hemmassit, he had Saline that he bought thinking it was Hemmassit.

Lance bragged to several teammates that he had found Hemmassit on his own, not through Ferrari. Even showed them then Baxter home page and bragged how he bought it all up.

Did Baxter perform internal trials or was third party? Interested in where the stuff may have been sitting...

Choocher said:
It's been removed already. If anyone finds another link, please post it. I couldn't find another one yet.

I couldn't find Stop at Nothing, but I did find a recent, interesting TMZ video. The Bass player for Rage Against the Machine was interviewed. He said he hung out with Lance.

http://youtu.be/BIlcnzxM7Hs

Here's the jist of the inteview:

Lance rules.. awesome dude.

People were just kinda coming up to him on the street and going, "Duude, we love you!"

He came clean about everything. He regrets everything.

Dude deserves forgiveness.

He was such, like uh.. an inspiring guy. And he still is.. still is.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bosco10 said:
I couldn't find Stop at Nothing, but I did find a recent, interesting TMZ video. The Bass player for Rage Against the Machine was interviewed. He said he hung out with Lance.

http://youtu.be/BIlcnzxM7Hs

Here's the jist of the inteview:

Lance rules.. awesome dude.

People were just kinda coming up to him on the street and going, "Duude, we love you!"

He came clean about everything. He regrets everything.

Dude deserves forgiveness.

He was such, like uh.. an inspiring guy. And he still is.. still is.

Damn and I liked RATM.......gonna have to revise that, the bass player anyways!

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Frigo did not have Hemmassit, he had Saline that he bought thinking it was Hemmassit.

Lance bragged to several teammates that he had found Hemmassit on his own, not through Ferrari. Even showed them then Baxter home page and bragged how he bought it all up.

I've thought the HemAssist twist has been one of the most interesting things throughout the whole case (hence the username). Typically, pharmaceuticals for clinical trials undergo heavy testing and documentation. Every dose is produced and document so that if something goes wrong, it can be traced back to where an error occured. There has been nothing said outside of the SI article about Lance's relationship with the Hg.

It does tie into stories like Vaughter ****ing purple after getting an unnamed drug though.*

*Edit: Just looked into this. It was due to a saline infusion with glycerol. Not an unknown drug.

SCA to arbitration on (this) Thursday.

Starting Thursday, an arbitration panel in Texas is scheduled to consider his case – part of a legal dispute that spans 10 years and helped expose some of the first cracks in the Armstrong legend

Regardless of the result, I predict an appeal from either side to the courts.

It is not open to the public or the news media. A decision is expected in October.

Hamman said he received "no actionable offer" to settle the current dispute.

"It's a fairly complicated situation," he said. "And it could take quite a few twists and turns."

thehog said:
SCA to arbitration on (this) Thursday.

...It is not open to the public or the news media. A decision is expected in October. ...

Regardless of the result, I predict an appeal from either side to the courts.

Thanks.

Not being open to the public, and the deafening silence from Lance and his relentless supporter crew, says it all.

Not even a whisper of nonsense that has typically prefaced any sort of public info.

He's going down.

Dave.

D-Queued said:
Thanks.

Not being open to the public, and the deafening silence from Lance and his relentless supporter crew, says it all.

Not even a whisper of nonsense that has typically prefaced any sort of public info.

He's going down.

Dave.

I think it's more that his legal argument is best left in camera. It won't be a popular one. The fact the he hasn't offered a sum for settlement means he may well feel he has some distance in this one. It is complex and not as simple as we all might believe (bar MarkW).

Regardless of the result it will be appealed by either party. It won't be resolved by October that's for sure.

thehog said:
I think it's more that his legal argument is best left in camera. It won't be a popular one. The fact the he hasn't offered a sum for settlement means he may well feel he has some distance in this one. It is complex and not as simple as we all might believe (bar MarkW).

Regardless of the result it will be appealed by either party. It won't be resolved by October that's for sure.

Thanks for the insult, Hoggie. The truth will be revealed on Tuesday, I'm sure!

MarkvW said:
Thanks for the insult, Hoggie. The truth will be revealed on Tuesday, I'm sure!

It was actually a compliment. I was referring to the SCA thread and basically your original predictions became true. I referring that you weren't so easily swayed that the case wouldn't be over in a few weeks and was more complicated than what was being portrayed.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:

Your Wayback Machine is broken. MarkvW predicted that this would never make it back to arbitration...period.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Your Wayback Machine is broken. MarkvW predicted that this would never make it back to arbitration...period.

I also don't remember anyone saying it would be over in a few weeks. Nothing with Lance ever goes fast

As a lawyer what are your thoughts on Wonderboy's ability to delay paying a judgement? Appeal channels for an Arb award are pretty limited. Unless the panel screwed up it will just get dismissed like all his other attempts over the last year.

Then the fun begins.....collecting on the award. That place in Aspen looks pretty sweet. Maybe he could just hand over the keys?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Bosco10 said:
Could Lance still make an eleventh hour offer?

Yes. But it does not appear that it will happen. While it would be the smart thing to do it would end the case and likely have an NDA. Would like to hear what Bob's folks have dug up first.