• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 531 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

MarkvW said:
Spawn of e said:
Betsy will alert us when LA says something.

Does this pass the drive by moderating test?

Betsy are members of this forum. You should probably lighten up.

Riiiight. If LA showed up and registered, I'm sure all insults would stop and mods would be deleting offending posts left and right. :rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
“I didn’t stand over my team-mates telling them to dope. That’s 100 per cent false,” he said. “The sport fostered that culture. You had a substance, EPO, that was so efficient and if they have an equivalent tomorrow that is undetectable, everyone would be on it.”

3 .... 2.... 1 ...... Betsy will be all over the news again.

He's correct on the second point.

Re:

Night Rider said:
“I didn’t stand over my team-mates telling them to dope. That’s 100 per cent false,” he said. “The sport fostered that culture. You had a substance, EPO, that was so efficient and if they have an equivalent tomorrow that is undetectable, everyone would be on it.”

But he's not. If he were, EVERY rider would be on it? No. How would he know if EVERY rider would be on something?

You gotta love Wonderboy, still as delusional as ever.

Re:

Night Rider said:
At least he has a sense of humor still. Had a quick look at his twitter and this gem in response to Mapei and Trek teaming up.

https://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/672471179140055040

I got what you were trying to say NR :D , I just don't believe anything out of Wonderboys maw.

He STILL refuses to take accountability for what he's done. He's still as delusional and CLUELESS as ever. Yes he's funny in a sense that he's still a punchline & a joke.

Re:

Night Rider said:

The first point is a straw man argument. By all accounts, he was never that direct, and AFAIK, no one ever has accused him of that. He was too slippery to be that obvious. A FLandis or a Tyler Hamilton telling a jury that Pharmstrong told them "Go see the physio and ask about his special recovery supplements" carries a whole different weight from "Lance said I should go ask the physio to put me on an EPO program." He was shrewd enough to always leave himself plausible deniability. But that does not imply he lacked the means to convey an implicit message (written in the subtext): Not only is participating in the doping the only guarantee the rest of us have that you'll not grouse, if you don't dope, you're not rider enough to be of benefit to whose of us who do. So if you want to be part of this team, you'll dope.

But he most certainly did make direct threats to "the little people," soigneurs and mechanics, underlings whose doping would have been irrelevant so he had to find other ways to secure their silence.

As for the second bit, the South American cocaine trade never skipped a beat when Pablo Escobar was killed. Someone had filled his shoes before the blood stopped oozing from his gunshot wounds. Because that was the culture they had chosen to live in. Does the fact that the trade continued unabated after his death make what Escobar did while alive any less heinous? I don't see it. Pharmstong is pleading "Not Guilty" to looting during a riot and expecting to be let off by pointing out that he wasn't the only one doing it. Not a mitigating factor.

blackcat said:
86TDFWinner said:
If he were, EVERY rider would be on it? No. How would he know if EVERY rider would be on something?

Armstrong is right wrt this. You are the delusional one.

Wonderboy IS NOT RIGHT, "EVERY RIDER" would not dope, as "EVERY rider" IS NOT DOPING as he implies. And we have yet to see credible/verifiable proof showing EVERY rider today, yesterday, last month, or when Wonderboy rode, doped.(EVERY rider= from domestiques to Lts, to top riders, THAT'S what "EVERY RIDER" means).

LeMond rode when Lance did, did he dope?(that would be A NO).

Boardman and a few others did too, did they dope?
If you have proof, know of someone who does, or your dog told you, then post it. It MUST INCLUDE EVERY RIDERS name/results/data too, not 1 riders name can be missing. That's what our friend Wonderboy is implying.

That's what "EVERY RIDER" means(iirc).

And if what Liestrong says is even remotely truthful, then we would've heard about more riders getting banned and so forth. USADA/WADA would certainly have this info, right? Of course.

Wonderboy IS a proven patholigcal LIAR, I'm shocked you even fathom what he said here to be even remotely truthful.

Pick one: yes, EVERY RIDER on tour doped or has, or no they haven't, which one?

These are the words from a narcissistic, pathological, delusional LIAR.

If not, then no...he's not RIGHT.

86TDFWinner said:
Night Rider said:
At least he has a sense of humor still. Had a quick look at his twitter and this gem in response to Mapei and Trek teaming up.

I got what you were trying to say NR :D , I just don't believe anything out of Wonderboys maw.

He STILL refuses to take accountability for what he's done. He's still as delusional and CLUELESS as ever. Yes he's funny in a sense that he's still a punchline & a joke.
I agree that Armstrong is a joke, but he's right about some things. If there is a replacement wonder drug for EPO you can guarantee most of the peloton will be on it. Of course there will be some Bassons types that won't get involved but history has proven they're very much the minority every time.

As for Armstrong's opinion of the Trek/Mapei merger:

Mapei3_big-vi.jpg

Pretty good summary of how the UCI and media will react IMO

42x16ss said:
86TDFWinner said:
Night Rider said:

I agree that Armstrong is a joke, but he's right about some things. If there is a replacement wonder drug for EPO you can guarantee most of the peloton will be on it. Of course there will be some Bassons types that won't get involved but history has proven they're very much the minority every time.

Mapei3_big-vi.jpg

However, he DID NOT SAY: Many, most, some, etc., he said EVERY RIDER, which implies EVERY SINGLE RIDER would've doped or still be DOPING and we know that's just not correct(as examples of clean riders have been mentioned). He's lying again.

Just like: Nike/Trek and Jokely "had no.idea he was DOPING".

He's bitter and upset and mad that he got busted for living his fraud and lie lifestyle for so long. I believe NOTHING out of his mouth, not 1. If others choose to, more power to them.

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

Washington (December 7, 2015, 9:08 PM ET) -- Lance Armstrong's former agents urged a D.C. federal court Monday to let them exit a False Claims Act suit over the disgraced cyclist’s $40 million U.S. Postal Service sponsorship deal, saying there was no proof they made any false claims related to the deal.

Capital Sports & Entertainment Holdings Inc. and its officers William Stapleton and Barton Knaggs had not breached any contractual obligation to the federal government that would support a so-called reverse false claim, or submitted any direct false claims for payment, their counsel...

In some other news...

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

86TDFWinner said:
42x16ss said:
86TDFWinner said:
Night Rider said:

Mapei3_big-vi.jpg

However, he DID NOT SAY: Many, most, some, etc., he said EVERY RIDER, which implies EVERY SINGLE RIDER would've doped or still be DOPING and we know that's just not correct(as examples of clean riders have been mentioned). He's lying again.

He's bitter and upset and mad that he got busted for living his fraud and lie lifestyle for so long. I believe NOTHING out of his mouth, not 1. If others choose to, more power to them.

It's just a figure of speech that the rest of us understand. Please try to not have a stroke. We all know what Wonderboy is, enjoy the spectacle!

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

[It's just a figure of speech that the rest of us understand. Please try to not have a stroke. We all know what Wonderboy is, enjoy the spectacle![/quote]

He still manages to raise my bloodpressure. I just wish he'd gently fade away as the liar, bully, cheat and overall worst publicity anybody has ever been able to produce for a sport they profess to love. He clearly has some psychopathic overtones to him, megalomania, an ego the size of Dulles airport, and very little empathy with the roadkill he left behind.

Ironhead Slim said:
86TDFWinner said:
42x16ss said:
86TDFWinner said:
Night Rider said:

Mapei3_big-vi.jpg

It's just a figure of speech that the rest of us understand. Please try to not have a stroke. We all know what Wonderboy is, enjoy the spectacle!

Oh I understand what he's saying, but he's trying to say literally every rider would be, which we all know is not true. IMO, This is nothing more than him trying to deflect things off him and minimalize what he did.

He doesn't care what other RIDERS doped, unless it can benefit him in some way.

Just my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS