• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Johan Cruijff was 'allowed' into the Astana bus to talk to his Lanceness, and is following today's stage from an official car. He probably told him how to ride too. :D

A

Anonymous

Greg Johnson said:
This has come as a last resort because people seem to like the idea of having their own name on the title of a thread about Lance. If we get to the point where Fumiyuki Beppu has eight threads on the first forum page, then I'll obviously have to consider an alternative there.

For now, I trust everyone can be reasonable and think about whether their comments will fit in an existing thread on a rider, before starting a new one on the same person. Something which has proved impossible when it comes to Lance.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

oh you really think so...

expect by the end of the day, one particular member whos new thread/post count ratio is about 3/1 to have created an official astana thread, an official contador thread, and official anti lance haters thread, and an official lets start another thread thread.. :D

the regulars have been attempting to keep it organised.. certificates, badges and awards worked for about two days.. :D

Greg Johnson said:
Welcome all,

For the remainder of July, this is the place your will discuss Lance Armstrong. Any new thread created on Lance Armstrong will me merged here by the moderators for discussion - so please refrain from starting a new one.

Let the Lancefest begin...

Cheers
Greg Johnson
Finally. Thanks Greg.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Finally. Thanks Greg.

For sporting enthusiasts, many of you are aware of Lance Armstrong’s current attempt at a record breaking 8th Tour de France championship. Following a break from competitive riding, Lance Armstrong was also seen active in the art community as a number of popular and influential artists contributed to his recent STAGES project with Nike. Set to be unveiled during the 8th stage of the Tour de France is this parituclar frame design by one of the world’s most prolific artists, Damien Hirst. Combining a series of colorful icons together on a white frame, stay tuned for more details and a full look at the bike as it becomes available.

http://limitedhype.com/2009/07/lance-armstrong-x-trek-x-damien-hirst-stages-project-bike/

lance-armongstrong-damien-hirst-trek-stages-bike.jpg

A

Anonymous

i wouldnt be able to concentrate on the road.. id be too busy looking at my bike...

from twitter
All bikes from 2009 to be auctioned for Livestrong. KAWS, Shep Fairey, Kenny Scharf, Damien Hirst, Marc Newsome, and NARA.

the bike is finished apparently

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
erdzzz said:
Check out the article on Slate.com comparing Lance with Sarah Palin. Very interesting -and amusing- piece of political reporting.

Yes so amusing the link was published here about 10 hours ago. DH. If you don't like Lance find somewhere else to go.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Read the article this morning and didn't find any mention of it on this "The Official Lance Armstrong Thread". Sorry that I didn't know that Cyclingnews.com had an "Official Sarah Palin Thread"

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting for a tribute to Michael Jackson (and a moonwalk on the podium; then a fight with the Badger on the podium). Sequined black socks and white gloves would do the trick. :D

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
erdzzz said:
Read the article this morning and didn't find any mention of it on this "The Official Lance Armstrong Thread". Sorry that I didn't know that Cyclingnews.com had an "Official Sarah Palin Thread"

No problems, you’re young and still learning. We just can’t afford mistakes on this forum or any lofty statements.

Thanks for joining and I look forward to your future input. Go Lance !

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
I'm waiting for a tribute to Michael Jackson (and a moonwalk on the podium; then a fight with the Badger on the podium). Sequined black socks and white gloves would do the trick. :D

I'm waiting for Obama to take the podium and proclaim he has saved Le Tour! :D

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Anyway, what is up with the Official Lance thread thing. I though we already had Official Lance threads such as:

The Official Lance hating thread
The Official Lance loving thread
The Official Lance on the fence thread
The Official Lance can't win thread
The Official Lance can win thread
The Official Lance can't climb thread
The Official Lance will destroy everyone on the climbs thread
The Official I want Lance to have my baby thread
The Official I would abort my baby if it was from Lance thread

Do we really need another official Lance thread???

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Welcome all,

For the remainder of July, this is the place your will discuss Lance Armstrong. Any new thread created on Lance Armstrong will me merged here by the moderators for discussion - so please refrain from starting a new one.

Let the Lancefest begin...

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Thanks Greg, now I only have to ignore one thread:D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
RightWingNutJob said:
Anyway, what is up with the Official Lance thread thing. I though we already had Official Lance threads such as:

The Official Lance hating thread
The Official Lance loving thread
The Official Lance on the fence thread
The Official Lance can't win thread
The Official Lance can win thread
The Official Lance can't climb thread
The Official Lance will destroy everyone on the climbs thread
The Official I want Lance to have my baby thread
The Official I would abort my baby if it was from Lance thread

Do we really need another official Lance thread???

Pff...you're right! Lance gets more coverege than the whole Tour:rolleyes:, that can't be good for his chances:(

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Wait a second, so this is an official Lance Armstrong thread but no one has said anything about the content, I mean is LA crap talk, but does it has to be love or hate??

Anyway, I truly dislike the guy :D I hate LA!!

I'll probably get another warning...:eek:

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Done

The people here are the freds I was so scared to be next to when I raced. It' so sad. I sure hope that the other side of cycling still exists. The passion for a sport so different, the comradeship, the experiment.

When I read these post all I can think of is damm these guys need to get laid. I had hope over the past few months to find some interesting insight into the sport I have enjoyed for 25 some odd years. Not to be. I will never waste my time here again and I find that disappointing.

HOLD YOUR LINE FRED!

A

Anonymous

ckfrancis said:
The people here are the freds I was so scared to be next to when I raced. It' so sad. I sure hope that the other side of cycling still exists. The passion for a sport so different, the comradeship, the experiment.

When I read these post all I can think of is damm these guys need to get laid. I had hope over the past few months to find some interesting insight into the sport I have enjoyed for 25 some odd years. Not to be. I will never waste my time here again and I find that disappointing.

HOLD YOUR LINE FRED!

See ya! Close the door on your way out.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
ckfrancis said:

HOLD YOUR LINE FRED!

Yeah, I have a wife so of course i need to get laid:D anyway don't really care do what you want.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Whatever happened to Robert the Muppet? Did he leave when he could no longer create ten Armstrong threads per day?

I don't know, but I fear that should Armstrong pull something out of his ass tomorrow, we will never hear the end of him.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I don't know, but I fear that should Armstrong pull something out of his ass tomorrow, we will never hear the end of him.

I would just hope that if he does, the Anti Lance crowd here will be men enough to eat a little crow and admit you might be wrong.

Oh wait, nevermind, you'll just say he's doping.

If he flames out miserably, I'll admit that I was wrong when I predicted he'll finish alongside contador at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.