• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
LA Quote:

"You can be the strongest one or you can be the leader because of your experience, because you have the respect of the riders within the team."

and from his twitter:

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” --Mahatma Gandhi

Fear of Contador in the mountains? Just psyching himself up? Hey, I should be team leader because no one likes AC? Puzzled...

Reactions: Gregor_Slovenia
Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Welcome all,

For the remainder of July, this is the place your will discuss Lance Armstrong. Any new thread created on Lance Armstrong will me merged here by the moderators for discussion - so please refrain from starting a new one.

Let the Lancefest begin...

Cheers
Greg Johnson

richwagmn said:
LA Quote:

"You can be the strongest one or you can be the leader because of your experience, because you have the respect of the riders within the team."

and from his twitter:

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” --Mahatma Gandhi

Fear of Contador in the mountains? Just psyching himself up? Hey, I should be team leader because no one likes AC? Puzzled...
I think he has a good point. In an army commando team, the leader is not necessarily the guy who runs the fastest. The leader should be the leader, and maybe not the one who is going for the yellow jersey. You need someONE on the road who is calling the shots, and, normally, that's going to be your main GC guy, but in this case the natural leader on the team is Lance, regardless of who the main GC guy is.

The problem is that Lance would probably sacrifice AC to get help from him, rather than guide the team to help AC win. But maybe not. I think we, and what's left of the competition, will learn a lot on Friday.

Greg Johnson said:
Welcome all,

For the remainder of July, this is the place your will discuss Lance Armstrong. Any new thread created on Lance Armstrong will me merged here by the moderators for discussion - so please refrain from starting a new one.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

This was so freaking needed. I was getting tired of Robert Merival creating a new thread every time Armstrong lifted a cheek to break wind.

Now if we can just get other dupe threads merged in a timely manner.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
richwagmn said:
LA Quote:

and from his twitter:

What an utter farkhead. Probably bulls*it to keep everyone guessing but who quotes s*it like that these days ? Sounds like a soppy powerpoint slide from one of those dreadful management courses big corporates run....... reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2c5j01Z6yY

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Do use some intelligence with this. I can easily imagine a valuable thread running beside one "main" thread. This is great for gossips, hate and fan threads, but some race situations could merit their own thread.

I would actually suggest to create another subsection of the forum for the time being.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Welcome all,

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Thank you.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
A blessed release, although Bobby Muppet and Bright Yeallow Underwear will probably find some secret fanboy code to work around this!
Right, back to the actual racing...

Why not join the others of your ilk in the other place, since you can't resist posting your standard hateboy digs and insults here? Either post without denigrating or abusing people, or STFU. Simple.

Clearly, my reaction would never have been posted if you hadn't felt it necessary to yet again stick your boot in....

Certainly, back to the racing for me....

A

Anonymous

does that mean i dont get to use these anymore.. :(

vwxute.png

you may have tidied the forum but youve ruined my fun... no fun greg im gonna call you.. :D

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
does that mean i dont get to use these anymore.. :(

vwxute.png

you may have tidied the forum but youve ruined my fun... no fun greg im gonna call you.. :D

Why couldn't you use this as the backdrop ? Do you thing he has a turned eye ?

lance-armstrong-douche.jpg

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
What are the chances of an "official" all the other riders who aren't Lance Armstrong thread?

This has come as a last resort because people seem to like the idea of having their own name on the title of a thread about Lance. If we get to the point where Fumiyuki Beppu has eight threads on the first forum page, then I'll obviously have to consider an alternative there.

For now, I trust everyone can be reasonable and think about whether their comments will fit in an existing thread on a rider, before starting a new one on the same person. Something which has proved impossible when it comes to Lance.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
:eek: i didnt realise his eyes where different sizes...

Really? His eyes themselves are the same size, but he has a lazy eyelid. Pretty common, got me one back in the day. Perhaps that's why I noticed it straight away though. I think it's fair to say that's the only thing Lance and I share...never really cracked the Tour de France win I was aiming for.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Really? His eyes themselves are the same size, but he has a lazy eyelid. Pretty common, got me one back in the day. Perhaps that's why I noticed it straight away though. I think it's fair to say that's the only thing Lance and I share...never really cracked the Tour de France win I was aiming for.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

You're in good company. Ian Zering who played Steve Sanders from 90210 fame had one.

902101.jpg

A

Anonymous

whiteboytrash said:
You're in good company. Ian Zering who played Steve Sanders from 90210 fame had one.

902101.jpg

I am amazed Lance never tried to knock boots with Jennie Garth. I mean, she fits the profile to a T.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
I am amazed Lance never tried to knock boots with Jennie Garth. I mean, she fits the profile to a T.

Oh......oh, yea, now I see

jennie_garth_ikea.jpg

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
I presume you mean lazy eyelid, not Tour win! Damn, amazing how old that photo looks these days :eek:

Cheers
Greg Johnson

errrr yes. In saying that the black dude from CSI is a very keen cyclist and has done many European sportives. His name escapes me at the moment and he doesn't have a lazy eyelid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS