• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lemond doping talk thread

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
All of the the talk about Lemond his alleged doping, any rumour proof or whatever goes into this thread. If it again crops up in any other thread that is not concerned with his doping directly, i'm talking specifically the Lance thread, you will get an infraction or a short suspension by me.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
All of the the talk about Lemond his alleged doping, any rumour proof or whatever goes into this thread. If it again crops up in any other thread that is not concerned with his doping directly, i'm talking specifically the Lance thread, you will get an infraction or a short suspension by me.

Utter brilliance!

Thanks.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Utter brilliance!

Thanks.

I was thinking and talking about this thread for some time, but the talk died down for a litlle while, as it has flared up again, I was getting more annoyed with it

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
This also means that you guys who are not of the opinion that Lemond doped, need to remain calm and polite in this thread. No attacking persons on the simple fact that they believe Lemond doped. Attack the evidence or lack thereof of the posts, not the posters convictions. So also don't fill up the thread with jokes.

A

Anonymous

The Hitch said:
This together with your new avatar of some tough guy wearing shades. The perfect heel turn

You don't mess with the man with no eyes Luke!

Any man get caught talkin' Greg Lemond talk outside of this here thread spends a night in the box!

Barrus said:

Barrus, does this mean he doped? :D
Sorry, I know - no jokes.

Anyway, thanks for the thread - great to keep so much of the junk in one, easily avoidable thread. Shouldn't a thread like this start with a list of debunks of the top ten "proofs"? - would probably make things easier as you could always point to that... Ho-hum, back to work!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Since it it only a matter of time before some Public Strategies intern does the popular "Fastest TT in history" talking point.

The final TT in 1989 was short (12 miles), downhill, with a tailwind. It is not the fastest Tour TT, Dave Z went faster on a course with a climb. Other riders came close on courses that were twice as long with multiple climbs

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
JPM London said:
Barrus, does this mean he doped? :D
Sorry, I know - no jokes.

Anyway, thanks for the thread - great to keep so much of the junk in one, easily avoidable thread. Shouldn't a thread like this start with a list of debunks of the top ten "proofs"? - would probably make things easier as you could always point to that... Ho-hum, back to work!

Look, I myself don't know to much about his alleged doping, so you guys need to do that for yourselves, if you do, I would update the opening post, provided that anything you propose, be it whether he did, or did not dope, is has some sort of reliable source, if possible multiple independent sources.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Since it it only a matter of time before some Public Strategies intern does the popular "Fastest TT in history" talking point.

The final TT in 1989 was short (12 miles), downhill, with a tailwind. It is not the fastest Tour TT, Dave Z went faster on a course with a climb. Other riders came close on courses that were twice as long with multiple climbs

Names, dates, courses?

The main points invariably offered to support the hypothesis that Greg doped:
Iron shot
Testing was very poor then
Everyone doping back then
Fastest TT

And that's about it. :D

If anyone else has any evidence either circumstantial or otherwise, please offer it up.
Because after almost twenty years, to think this is the most anyone can come up with, speaks for itself.
Although a regular forum user, and I think it is Flicker, repeatedly claimed that a former pro who was on the same team as Greg, told him that Greg doped. I have also told this Forum user that his friend is in for a windfall from P.S. because he would be the only former team mate to have seen it.

Well done Barrus.
I've been dipping in and out of the clinic today and the rubbish from a small pack of jokers, using baseless Lemond jibs as a smokescreen for real issues surrounding Armstrong, has ruined all discourse.

Make 'em shape up, or ship 'em out I say.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:
The main points invariably offered to support the hypothesis that Greg doped:
Iron shot
Testing was very poor then
Everyone doping back then
Fastest TT

And that's about it. :D

If anyone else has any evidence either circumstantial or otherwise, please offer it up.
Because after almost twenty years, to think this is the most anyone can come up with, speaks for itself.
Although a regular forum user, and I think it is Flicker, repeatedly claimed that a former pro who was on the same team as Greg, told him that Greg doped. I have also told this Forum user that his friend is in for a windfall from P.S. because he would be the only former team mate to have seen it.

Well he did win 3 Tours-- is that not enough to conclude he was (at least moderately) doped?

TRENDING THREADS