• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official London Olympics Doping thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
boomcie said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/voula-papachristou-greek-olympic-racist-tweet_n_1701410.html

Absolutely ridiculous. That is not racism. People in the Western world are paranoid when it comes to racism, especially concerning people from African descent. It's a full-fledged witch hunt.

I'm not racist at all, the concept is completely lost to me. My best friend is black and that has no significance to me at all.

I'm amazed at how people aren't allowed to make regular jokes anymore. Do those mosquitoes come from Africa, yes. Do those people come from Africa? Yes. Is it a true statement that those mosquitoes will be eating home food? Yes. Does it matter? Absolutely not.

Why on earth do people have to make such a fuzz about silly things like this. Jokes about Belgians would never be treated the same way.

A case.
What do these 2 people have in comon:
Griffin-Vs-Franklin.jpg
Tokyo-450x336.jpg

Correct, they're both human AND both look like monkeys.

I say the first guy looks like a monkey: no one cares, some people laugh.
I say the second guy looks like a monkey: planet explodes, everybody gets mad and constipated.

That's plain wrong. I wonder what would happen if a black person calls a white person a polar bear. Yup, nothing.

I know there's some context to be taken into account, like a very long period of terrible oppression, but you don't heal those wounds by becoming totally paranoid.

Poor woman, those are my thoughts.

Well said.
What she said was quite begnine.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
boomcie said:
That's plain wrong. I wonder what would happen if a black person calls a white person a polar bear. Yup, nothing.
Are you serious? Has anyone ever thrown stuffed toy seals at a white footballer? No? Then comparing a white person to a polar bear is not the same as comparing a black person to a monkey.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Two Turkish weightlifters suspended after testing positive

Fatih Baydar og Ibrahim Arat tested positive on July 7 and will not be competing in the 2012 Olympics. Baydar won the silver in 2012 European Weightlifting Championship.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
CAS: Hungarian discus thrower Zoltán Kővágó banned for two years.

CAS has ruled that the Hungarian discus thrower Zoltán Kővágó is suspended for two years for refusing to provide a sample 11 August 2011. The Hungarian doping officials cleared Kővágó, but IAAF appealed to CAS.

http://hosted2.ap.org/CARIE/a4cb5a6...ng-Kovago/id-6d5754d76f034405b14b2614a5db649d

Kővágó came third in the 2004 Olympics, but was promoted to second since his team mate, and winner, Róbert Fazekas was too religious to be able to pee enough. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics_2004/athletics/3595006.stm

For some other reason Fazekas supplied a sample this summer, and was found positive for stanozolol.

LOCOG is responsible for the collection of the in competition samples, and any OOC samples at the village etc. though it is working heavily with the UKADA in this.

UKADA is responsible for any testing at non-Olympic venues which will obviously be OOC type testing.

So staying in the athlete village - LOCOG
Stay offsite (as some may chose to do) - UKADA

None of this is 'news' to those following the set-up, its been pretty well planned and the lab has been up and testing for a while - it cut its own teeth in various test events.

Oh and WADA will have an independent observer team at both the Olympics (9 member) and paralympics. (5 member) for further scrutiny.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
boomcie said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/voula-papachristou-greek-olympic-racist-tweet_n_1701410.html

Absolutely ridiculous. That is not racism. People in the Western world are paranoid when it comes to racism, especially concerning people from African descent. It's a full-fledged witch hunt.

Apologies for the OT continuation, but found this interesting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19009344

Paul Chambers, 28, of Northern Ireland, was found guilty in May 2010 of sending a "menacing electronic communication".

He was living in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, when he tweeted that he would blow up nearby Robin Hood Airport when it closed after heavy snow.

After a hearing at the High Court in London his conviction was quashed.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Robert Foerstermann? Crazy stuff. Can't really compute why a) he doesn't always win everything with legs that big, or b) why he has legs that big if they don't allow him to win everything:confused:

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
This should be stadard practice. A panel at WADA should get a budget of 100 retroactive tests when a new test is introduced. Don't count on national federation volunteering many of their own. Samples taken early races/tournaments get increasingly interesing, rather than totally useless as they were. I would know a few samples to select for a HGH-only test from the past 2 years. I bet a The Clinic panel could get 20-30% or more positives from one sample per atlete they'd select.

I'd donate to get some retrospective HGH testing done.

classicomano said:
Thought this picture was pretty relevant :eek:

Ay0kzjHCYAACCW9.jpg

The classic signs. Freakishly huge muscles and shrunken peen.

This is why I cannot take Olympic drug testing seriously. They take gold medals away from sixteen year olds for taking a cold medication while others look like they are using more AAS than a gym full of body builders.

TRENDING THREADS