• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official London Olympics Doping thread

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
sniper said:
Allow me to introduce Paul, an anti-doping volunteer at this year's olympic cycling event.

Paul indeed made a huge effort to catch the cheats.
Here is the comforting sight of Paul posing with the competitors:

Read the full story:
http://www.lep.co.uk/news/paul-comes-clean-1-4829909

“We had two days of training about anti-doping procedures and keeping it all clean and making sure that athletes have no recourse should they fail a drug test."

2 whole days. It's a wonder why anyone would even bother trying to penetrate the iron defence put up by Paul.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
Allow me to introduce Paul, an anti-doping volunteer at this year's olympic cycling event.

Paul indeed made a huge effort to catch the cheats.
Here is the comforting sight of Paul posing with the competitors:

According to Paul,

Read the full story:
http://www.lep.co.uk/news/paul-comes-clean-1-4829909

Jeeze, two whole days training:rolleyes:..I assume this fan boy was a chaperone?..gawd help us if he was actually collecting samples.
Great illustration of how serious medical control is taken..NOT.
Back in my days I was on more than one occasion incredulous at how poorly form filling was carried out. A lawyer would have laughed his socks off.
The other aspect that was beyond ridiculous is not once did I ever see anyone from medical control closely observe the passing of urine.
Ok, I accept that isn't most peoples idea of fun but unless its done then the implications for deceit are very obvious . Having witnessed medical control circumvented with nothing more complex than an opened drinks can with a team managers ( clean ) urine in it ... unbelievable as it seems, beating the tests really can be that simple.:rolleyes:

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
I assume this fan boy was a chaperone?

That's all he claims to be in the article. But it's more fun to assume he's actually testing the samples with only two days of training, especially with that HGH-induced lantern jaw he's sporting.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
oly_u_womens4x400_300.jpg

london. women's 4x400.

this is not official and has not been published or confirmed yet by any media, one of these golden american girls tested positive.

source: an e-mail from a well connected official.

added edit: it could also be a misunderstanding/confusion of a doping case from 2004 in the same discipline but being decided in 2012.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
python said:

london. women's 4x400.

this is not official and has not been published or confirmed yet by any media, one of these golden american girls tested positive.

Now that would be a shock.

Not that one tested positive, but that we (may) hear about it.

python said:

london. women's 4x400.

added edit: it could also be a misunderstanding/confusion of a doping case from 2004 in the same discipline but being decided in 2012.

Only one?

Guess that is why it is called an IQ test.

Who is dumber, the one that tested positive or the testers?

Dave.

python said:

london. women's 4x400.

Is it the one hiding the needle marks with those funny sleeve things?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
python said:
london. women's 4x400.

If it would be true, the other three can relax now. Tests are finished it seems. ;)

May 19, 2010
Visit site
python said:

london. women's 4x400.

Might just be the Crystal Cox case? Or it could be something from the retesting of samples from the 2004 Olympics? All we have heard about those "less than five, maybe none" cases is that Ivan Tsikhan was caught.

The 4x400 relay was run August 10-11. It took a week before Nadzeya Ostapchuks case was finished and the announcement was made.

2012 London 4x400 relay Olympic champions:

USA:
DeeDee Trotter
Allyson Felix
Francena McCorory
Sanya Richards-Ross
Keshia Baker*
Diamond Dixon*

2004 Athens 4x400 relay Olympic champions:

USA:
DeeDee Trotter
Monique Henderson
Sanya Richards
Monique Hennagan
Moushaumi Robinson*
Crystal Cox**

*ran only preliminary round
**ran only preliminary round and has admitted to doping and been stripped of the gold medal

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
neineinei said:
Might just be the Crystal Cox case? Or it could be something from the retesting of samples from the 2004 Olympics? All we have heard about those "less than five, maybe none" cases is that Ivan Tsikhan was caught.

The 4x400 relay was run August 10-11. It took a week before Nadzeya Ostapchuks case was finished and the announcement was made.

2012 London 4x400 relay Olympic champions:

USA:
DeeDee Trotter
Allyson Felix
Francena McCorory
Sanya Richards-Ross
Keshia Baker*
Diamond Dixon*

2004 Athens 4x400 relay Olympic champions:

USA:
DeeDee Trotter
Monique Henderson
Sanya Richards
Monique Hennagan
Moushaumi Robinson*
Crystal Cox**

*ran only preliminary round
**ran only preliminary round and has admitted to doping and been stripped of the gold medal
still no confirmation nor any reports in the media. i have no updates either.

i am inclined to think the doping case is from london rather than retroactive.

if we dont hear officially of the aaf by the end of august, it would mean either:

-b sample was negative
-the london hearing was postponed
-the us athletics fed and the ioc covered up the case

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Centurion said:

The difference between (albeit what looked like a) whinge of "THey come at 6:30am in the morning!" from some cyclists vs what the coach says here,

They come at 6.30am with a knock to the room, [wanting] blood and urine. I say we have no problem with that. They can come every day, every minute.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Centurion said:
even if it's not a state-sponsored doping programme a la gdr, it is very hard to escape the thought that the government is laxed or complicit..

all belarus sporting officials declared support and readiness to fight for her.

i am told by the same source unofficially that another doping case for belarus is coming, it will be 3d for a tiny country..

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
python said:
even if it's not a state-sponsored doping programme a la gdr, it is very hard to escape the thought that the government is laxed or complicit..

all belarus sporting officials declared support and readiness to fight for her.

i am told by the same source unofficially that another doping case for belarus is coming, it will be 3d for a tiny country..

12 medals for Belarus. 3rd = 25% were doped medals.

TRENDING THREADS