• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Movistar Thread - New Unzue's Team

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well Unzue made an awesome job... survives for other 2 years... would have been a shame lose an structure like Caisse D'Epargne - Banesto - Iles Baleares - etc...

May 6, 2009
Visit site
So we will have two José Iván Gutiérrez's in the same team? Should they both do the same race, and end up in a breakaway, I see this being the result:

facepalm134.jpg

WRT to Tondo, I guess this is a an unsurprising/natural move for him.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
I'd say it would be stupid for both José Iván Gutiérrezs to go in the breakaway. One should stay in the péloton and one go in the breakaway, to cover all eventualities.

You ruin my fun :mad:

:p

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
In a recent interview (during Vuelta 2nd stage) Unzué has not confirmed the presence of LLS or Intxausti. His answers on the subject were elusive but his words seemed to suggest that it will be either LLS or Intxausti (but not both) because of budget constraints.

DAOTEC said:
Think it is time for an update again for Movistar-Telefónica-O2 after the latest revelations:

Unzué 2011 Team roster update:

David Arroyo,
José Iván Gutiérrez,
José Joaquín Rojas,
Vasil Kiriyenka,
Imanol Erviti,
Rubén Plaza,
Marzio Bruseghin,
Mauricio Soler,
Rui Costa,
Andrey Amador,
Angel Madrazo,
Luis León Sánchez,
Rigoberto Uran,
Francisco Ventoso,
Eusebio Unzue,
Branislau Samoilau,
Oscar Pujol
Beñat Intxausti
Luis Pasamontes Rodriguez
Alejandro Valverde

Huh? .......

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
it depends largely on which country's if it are mexicans, argentineans and brazilians and they will go largely for riders already racing in europe or have done in the past then I'd say possibilities are:

brazil: rafael andriato, already rides in italy and very succesful
magno prado, one of most succesful riders in brazil and still only 24, carlos manarelli, races in liquigas u23, succesful, gideoni monteiro, races also in liquigas u23

argentina: daniel diaz (races in spain and is sheer invincible there), marco fabian flores, succesful sprinter in spain, matias medici (despite age)

mexico: ignacio sarabia, luis pulido, carlos lopez gonzalez, moises aldape, jose ramon aguirre(huge talent), raul alcala (star in mexico)

all 3 countrys have hundreds of pro riders and numerous strong ones on all different disciplines although mexico is probably the worst and brazil and argentina are mostly sprinter country's

3 - Andrey Amador (Costa Rican), Juan Mauricio Soler and Rigoberto Urán (Colombian). The others of recent years have left - 2008 and 9 had Marlon Pérez, 2008 José Rujano.

I assume this Latin American contingent will be replacing the French contingent, which are all leaving the squad; the present Latin American contingent seemed to be replacing the Russian contingent that all left the squad in 2007-8.

Libertine Seguros said:
3 - Andrey Amador (Costa Rican), Juan Mauricio Soler and Rigoberto Urán (Colombian). The others of recent years have left - 2008 and 9 had Marlon Pérez, 2008 José Rujano.

Yeah, not that many really. It also sounds like they might have trouble holding on to Uran, though I hope he stays.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
You know I would of liked have seen Beñat Intxausti ride for a foreign team, instead of just going to a Spanish team. Would of been something different.

TRENDING THREADS