• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official National Championships thread

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Parrulo said:
wait what? his ban should only finish in 2012? how the fvck is he racing? second year in a row that a former maia guy wins the nationals. damn young guys better start to pick it up <_<

TAS banned him on 19/4/2010 for two years, of which he'd already served one to three months (prior to his successful appeal that put him back on the road in May 2009).

January 2012 was supposed to be the time he became eligible again, but somehow his name was bandied about for teams for 2011 and he materialised on Onda's roster in the Vuelta a Asturias. I don't recall ever seeing any explanation for why Cabreira was back so soon, but if you find one please let me know, until then I'm going to consider it a farce. Apparently Filipe Cardoso (who finished 3rd) has already made some comment about a silver medal (but he also congratulated João on his win, so let's see).

theyoungest said:
You're such a genius...

Anyway, very cool winner. Dekker_T predicted it, because he wrote a piece about him in the winter.

Shush.
Ofcourse it's cool if you write an article about an rider nobody knows about and everybody is telling you to stop wasting your time and then that guy wins the National championship. Most people would brag about it. Allthough I'm sure D_T didn't predict he would win the National title in that article :)

I can understand anyone who wants to 'brag' about that. Ofcourse D_T always brags about anything he predicted that actually happens which sometimes really is embarrasing, but this time I found it reasonable.

Atleast not worthy of such an harsh comment.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I predict great repercussions if that happens. In fact, we've been getting closer to the Australian BMC-mob, and we're considering joining forces should you go through with this :p

Ah but then again, I'm a long time supporter of the Cadelmob so that won't be happening :p

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/110626_BK_boonen_devolder
reactions by Boonen and Devolder - who road a great race, finally ! -

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I predict great repercussions if that happens. In fact, we've been getting closer to the Australian BMC-mob, and we're considering joining forces should you go through with this :p

Michielveedeebee said:
I have an offer you can't refuse; let's team up against the Dutchies during Le Tour :p Mafia Porto-Belgica :p

Who's making deals with the enemy?????

btw,

tgak IS BACK!!!!!!

1 Alexander Kristoff (BMC Racing Team / Stavang) 5:01:30
2 Vegard Stake Laengen* (Joker Merida / Asker CK)
3 Thor Hushovd (Team Garmin-Cervélo / Gri) 0:01:21
4 Filip Eidsheim* (Sparebanken Vest - Ridley) 0:01:37
5 Lars Petter Nordhaug (Team Sky / Tønsberg CK)
6 Sven Erik Bystrøm* (Stavanger SK)
7 Stian Remme (Joker Merida / Fana IL Sy) 0:01:40
8 Øystein Stake Laengen* (Plussbank Cervélo / Asker) 0:02:47
9 Johan Fredrik Ziesler* (Sparebanken Vest - Ridley) 0:02:56
10 Magnus Børresen (IF Frøy)
11 Roy Hegreberg (Sparebanken Vest - Ridley)
12 Vegard Robinson Bugge* (Joker Merida / RaumerRytt)
13 Kurt Asle Arvesen (Team Sky / Nesset CK)

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Who's making deals with the enemy?????

btw,

tgak IS BACK!!!!!!

1 Alexander Kristoff (BMC Racing Team / Stavang) 5:01:30
2 Vegard Stake Laengen* (Joker Merida / Asker CK)
3 Thor Hushovd (Team Garmin-Cervélo / Gri) 0:01:21
4 Filip Eidsheim* (Sparebanken Vest - Ridley) 0:01:37
5 Lars Petter Nordhaug (Team Sky / Tønsberg CK)
6 Sven Erik Bystrøm* (Stavanger SK)
7 Stian Remme (Joker Merida / Fana IL Sy) 0:01:40
8 Øystein Stake Laengen* (Plussbank Cervélo / Asker) 0:02:47
9 Johan Fredrik Ziesler* (Sparebanken Vest - Ridley) 0:02:56
10 Magnus Børresen (IF Frøy)
11 Roy Hegreberg (Sparebanken Vest - Ridley)
12 Vegard Robinson Bugge* (Joker Merida / RaumerRytt)
13 Kurt Asle Arvesen (Team Sky / Nesset CK)

Wasn't TGAK the man raising his endogenous testosterone levels at the Giro reading magazines at breakfast time? It seems that's finally making wonders on him :D

A

Anonymous

our photo of the day from the british nationals.

Past champion, and future champion. Malcolm Elliot (50 on July 1st), Peter Kennaugh, just turned 22

zmzkfb.jpg

photo teamskyfans

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Did Wiggo actually deign to put the jersey on this time? :rolleyes:

images

(There's another one with the jersey slung over his shoulder but I can't find it at the moment).

Shame that G couldn't retain it but great result nonetheless.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
our photo of the day from the british nationals.

Past champion, and future champion. Malcolm Elliot (50 on July 1st), Peter Kennaugh, just turned 22

zmzkfb.jpg

photo teamskyfans

When Malcolm Eliott won a stage at the 1989 Vuelta, Peter Kennaugh hadn't even born!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
this incredible athlete is NOT even a cyclist.

Yet she won both the itt and the rr this year

Sablikova speeds to dual Czech titles

in addition to multiple world and olympic titles, the 23 y. o. 52kg aerobic wonder holds 2 phenomenal world speed skating records at 5000m and 10 000m. she also regularly beats guys at both sports.

a note to cn: kudos for the article about martina with one caveat - she won the combined czech and slovak title. (yes, the 2 countries united in this case)

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
raddone said:
Like every year, this is the worst national jersey. The spanish one comes close. But this is certainly the ugliest.

I agree. Gives no clue to it's national identity either.

How about Jez Hunt's old national jersey...

51212249.jpg

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
python said:
in addition to multiple world and olympic titles, the 23 y. o. 52kg aerobic wonder holds 2 phenomenal world speed skating records at 5000m and 10 000m. she also regularly beats guys at both sports.

her dad letting her win doesn't count :eek:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Kazistuta said:
'

It took you long enough, ACF ;)

It's almost as impressive a victory as the Andy Schleck Luxembourg TT title in 2010 considering the impressive competition....

Hushovd, Arversen, Rasch, nordhaug...decent competition to me.
TGAK just rode away from them all. I think a thread is required.

GB Nats are a bit of a joke when the top 4 are all from the same team and the top 3 all sprint it out together, are from the same team. That's what I'd call not very impressive competition.

Went to the British Nationals yesterday, British Cycling need to get their house in order.

The event location was spot on but the amenities and lack of food to the thousands of spectators was poor. We parked up in a farmers field and there was no sign posting where to go, the marshalls didnt know, it was poor. I understand if the local villagers didnt want fast food vans as it could lead to littering etc, but why wasnt other options provided?

Now, rant over, the cycling was great and I am glad one of the GT riders got it. Thomas has worn the jersey with pride over the last year and no doubt Wiggins will do the same.

The womens event was also a great battle, but with teams like Garmin & Sky dominating its going to be hard to get a winner from outside. Bumped into Lizzie Armistead in Costa at Washington services with Adam Blyth and she was still on a high after winning.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Morabito so close:(...He always gets close but rarely wins. I think Steve would of needed a slightly harder course (even though it was quite hard anyway).

I guess 2 Gold 3 Silver 2 Bronze for BMC ain't too bad.:)