• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - Stage 12 • Tonnerre - Vittel • 211,5 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
listening to Paul on VS and I am hearing for the millionth time that Cav is from the Isle of Man...is there some confusion there?

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Lance on Twitter last night:

"Someone told me tonight that viewership for Versus' Tour coverage is up 80+%. Great news, been an exciting TdF. Tune in folks!"

Ha, ha, ha. :D Is he serious? It's no doubt very exciting for him ready to stick it to Alberto in the ITT if he can and take a lead into Ventoux, if he can.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Dutch commentators are discussing how many bidons a water carrier can manage. :D

So far, they've decided that Geert Jacobs must have been the bomb because he could carry 13. Anyone know better? ;)

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
The Dutch commentators are discussing how many bidons a water carrier can manage. :D

So far, they've decided that Geert Jacobs must have been the bomb because he could carry 13. Anyone know better? ;)

I remember them having a competition in the Giro a few years ago - I think Robbie McEwen was carrying a crazy amount one day - something like 20 - or maybe I'm just daydreaming!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Phil and Paul just said Armstrong has sent a bunch of teamates to the front...what not Contador? I don't think these guys ever mention Contador.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
j7956r.jpg

Contador with Vaughters' "burns".... Hiding out in disguise? Ready to gore Texan Hamstrong....

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
If I was a sponsor, the DS would have some explaining to do. I pay to see my company name on TV, and hopefully on the rider with arms in the air at the end. To not even contest at the end is not racing, and is indicative of what the sport at the highest level has become....

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
And I don't think Levi and Cadel are the best of friends to begin with (negative racing, I think, at a previous Dauphine). Wonder if they were shadowing each other and took each other down. :D

Agree, very nice victory by Sorensen.

I have to say the Mountains jersey looks to be the most exciting competition in this race by far. It has had 5 or 6 different leaders, and on a day will only Cat 4 and one cat. 3 climb. you had both 1st and 2nd in the competition competing. I expect both will be back on the attack tomorrow

TRENDING THREADS