Official thread - Stage 13 • Vittel - Colmar• 200 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
Ah yes, the "he looks like a broken man" Paulism
He doesn't seem to be saying "quite remarkable" as much this year.... maybe a reflection of an unremarkable parcours thus far!
 
Bala Verde said:
Great or, ahem, fantastic *irony*

I read on one of the tickers that popofthebackovitch got popped of the back on the Plattwalzer... Any truth in that?

The GC contenders will probably say it was too wet, where as it was too windy before on Arcalis. What's next, too hot? Pavement too gravelly? Too many potholes? Leaves on the road (which is legitimate reason for dutch trains to have delays)? Too nippy? Too few spectators?

Thanks for the update!
Actually Saxo went to the front for a bit and pushed it and the group got down to maybe 20-30 but no one really major was dropped. Even Nocentini had no problem hanging in there.
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,222
1
0
Bala Verde said:
Great or, ahem, fantastic *irony*

I read on one of the tickers that popofthebackovitch got popped of the back on the Plattwalzer... Any truth in that?

The GC contenders will probably say it was too wet, where as it was too windy before on Arcalis. What's next, too hot? Pavement too gravelly? Too many potholes? Leaves on the road (which is legitimate reason for dutch trains to have delays)? Too nippy? Too few spectators?

Thanks for the update!
Your welcome!

Actually a couldburts got me the most exiting 10km because it blew away my television signal and my internet! :D

That'll be such a lovely win for Heini btw.
 
Apr 11, 2009
2,250
0
0
We need a di Luca at the Tour. (Just switch the maps around and rename some of the climbs with Italian names) :D He'd even slug a couple of spectators if they get too close.

NB: I see Freire was outclimbing Menchov earlier, LOL

PS: some "wonderful" comments on Versus' race tracker: "An interesting stage so far, made more complicated by the weather."
 
Mar 18, 2009
981
0
0
I have to wonder if those doing the commentary are trying to convince us its exciting or if they are trying to convince themselves...
 
Apr 11, 2009
2,250
0
0
Sorry, folks, I don't believe it.

Haussler sprints with the best in the Spring Classics and looks like he will win a Tour mountain stage. 1+1=4.

Had a top up a day or two ago with blood bags, surely.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Parrot23 said:
Sorry, folks, I don't believe it.

Haussler sprints with the best in the Spring Classics and looks like he will win a Tour mountain stage. 1+1=4.

Had a top up a day or two ago with blood bags, surely.
Yea, and drops Chavanel...
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,269
1
0
Parrot23 said:
NB: I see Freire was outclimbing Menchov earlier, LOL
I think Menchov prefers the weather to be hot, I thought he hated rain, and his performance usually reflects that... But Freire!! haha

Good for House, but this is just an awful stage again.


Lotto attacks! Wegelius sets up a 1-2 for Evans!!!! PLEASE GOD LET IT BE!!!!!

He can't get away... ughh
 
May 15, 2009
550
1
0
Parrot23 said:
Sorry, folks, I don't believe it.

Haussler sprints with the best in the Spring Classics and looks like he will win a Tour mountain stage. 1+1=4.

Had a top up a day or two ago with blood bags, surely.
Don't forget that he attacked with 197km to go and was in the original breakaway in which Uran and Voigt, among others, were dropped afterwards. Suspicious, to say the least.
 
Apr 11, 2009
2,250
0
0
Delicato said:
Don't forget that he attacked with 197km to go and was in the original breakaway in which Uran and Voigt, among others, were dropped. Suspicious, at least.
This whole thing has a Schumi flavour to it.
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
0
0
Delicato said:
Don't forget that he attacked with 197km to go and was in the original breakaway in which Uran and Voigt, among others, were dropped afterwards. Suspicious, to say the least.
Haussler is a power rider.. not a pure sprinter. These climbs are not super tough and he lost a fair bit of time over the 1st cat climb. God... a rider has a good day and everyone shouts doping......
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,269
1
0
Parrot23 said:
This whole thing has a Schumi flavour to it.
With the pace the peloton is going at, even anyone's grandmother would stay away. I don't think it's suspicious, he hasn't shown himself the whole tour...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY