• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - Stage 13 • Vittel - Colmar• 200 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sometriguy said:
I know everyone hates on Frank for his bike handling skills, is Andy any better?

It will be interesting to see which team (astana or saxo bank) tries to control the climbs and the descents. I truely believe there is an internal struggle with Alberto and Lance and with Levi missing, I have to wonder if Lance has about as much confidence in his team as Contador had before Levi dropped out. I think the entire dynamic of the team is changed.

Additionally, if Saxo is worried about Andy and Frank falling down, are they really going to be in a rush to set tempo and push the pace downhill?

Does this open it up for a big attack from cadel or menchov or sastre?

The rain today could be the huge X factor, man I am excited, come on tv coverage!

I think the Schleck Brothers are a lot of hype. I don't think either can really handle a bike very well . . . especially not Frank. Same goes with Menchov.

As for the Lance/Contador question, I think you are right: the entire dynamic of the team has changed. Levi was his training partner, compatriot and basically right hand man (this is the 2nd time they rode together). One less voice backing up Lance's position in team meetings.

G-d help him if Contador gets the yellow jersey today.

sportzchick said:
my hope is that saxo and astana are too busy arguing amonst themselves cadel could slip past

although he cant even sneeze without either being noticed or critisized or both

Even if he does, he's not that hard to mark :p

I'll say this much, Evans is the only one of the GC candidates who has given it a go. Andy Schleck has been all talk up until this point. I don't expect that to change today.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
sportzchick said:
my hope is that saxo and astana are too busy arguing amonst themselves cadel could slip past

although he cant even sneeze without either being noticed or critisized or both
Not sure why everyone is so quick to criticize Cadel's riding? I think the real reason for the criticisim is that everyone is wondering what John Travolta's older brother is doing in the peleton?

Seriously, how old does Cadel look?

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
sometriguy said:
Not sure why everyone is so quick to criticize Cadel's riding? I think the real reason for the criticisim is that everyone is wondering what John Travolta's older brother is doing in the peleton?

LMAO :D

I have no idea either - if anything good is to come out of this tour let it be that some of the myths that are acociated with Cadel are laid to rest

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
sometriguy said:

It's funny how you say you can't see why people criticise his riding? I am assuming that is sarcasm you are using, But you can slag him off for how old he looks?

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
It's funny how you say you can't see why people criticise his riding? I am assuming that is sarcasm you are using, But you can slag him off for how old he looks?
What's the point in having a Message Board if you can't make a bad joke or 6 bright and early in the morning?

I like cadel, if for no other reason he has one of the coolest names on the planet, but you have to admit dude makes lance armstrong look like a fetus.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
sometriguy said:
What's the point in having a Message Board if you can't make a bad joke or 6 bright and early in the morning?

I like cadel, if for no other reason he has one of the coolest names on the planet, but you have to admit dude makes lance armstrong look like a fetus.

Its getting late here and I guess that my funny bone is tired too.;)

I dunno that he makes Armstrong look young....:eek:

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
sportzchick said:
May I ask a dumb question but who is Bobke
Bobke = Bob Roll

He is a really obnoxious Lance Hugger on the versus coverage. I'm sure you can find him on youtube. He is a complete moron, and somehow he is a former professional rider. I don't understand how somebody that used to be in the peleton can be so misinformed all the time.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
It mus t be getting hard for some, have seen a few going off the back.....

Looks like GC'ers are sending their men up to bridge? I could be wrong....but it looks like it.