• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Thread: Stage 19: Bourgoin-Jallieu - Aubenas 178km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
For a group of 19 riders, the front group aren't pulling away any - Rabobank must really be working! Or are there some 'hangers on' in the breakaway?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
TrudyTas said:
For a group of 19 riders, the front group aren't pulling away any - Rabobank must really be working! Or are there some 'hangers on' in the breakaway?

Well I think the stragglers will force Caisse to do the main share of the work, since they are repr with 3. If Caisse doesnt take the initiative, and gets something organised, it might be over soon...

I assumed they would be organised better by now though

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
TrudyTas said:
Is this deja vu? Wasn't it RAB and MIL who chased down Millar into Barcelona?

Yes, because Millar always picks the stages for a break away that also favour Freire's and Cioleck's sprinting capabilities ;)

I wonder if Hushovd can jump on board as well today...

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Exciting stage! Freire took a shortcut over the grass. Freire, Cav, Thor, Tyler or Ciolek? Maybe Tyler will get this one.

Definitely the most exciting non-Alp stage in this tour.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
What, so there's been no mod around all day to stick this?:rolleyes:

Only saw the last 5 kms or so today - was really hoping for Freire till he lost his position in the last km - Cav's sprint was made to look even more impressive by the nature and manner of his post-race comments.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
What, so there's been no mod around all day to stick this?:rolleyes:

Only saw the last 5 kms or so today - was really hoping for Freire till he lost his position in the last km - Cav's sprint was made to look even more impressive by the nature and manner of his post-race comments.

Hammer...what exactly did he say?

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Why did Armstrong attack Contador, right at the end?
He should be helping his team mates, not dropping them.
Trying to steal time to protect his position and leaving them behind, is just a stupid mistake.:rolleyes:

See? Doesn't quite ring true, now, does it?;)

haha good point. Not a very good move. Selfish, indicates lacks of maturity. Did he discuss it with JB? We will now when Kloden and AC has 4 seconds to their opponents @ GC, whos fault is that :p

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
Hammer...what exactly did he say?

He said that this was the most important and meaningful win of his career, that he had never gone so deep before, that he would never have made it over the last climb without so many of his team helping him, that his train was utterly unbelievable, in particular Tony Martin, that he went sooner than he wanted to before someone got the jump on him and that he couldn't believe that he'd made it. He also said that he would have fancied this stage had it come in the first week, but that he didn't consider it at all due to how he was feeling at the start of the day....and that they probably wouldn't have made it without the 'help' of the Rabos.

He was visibly emotional.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
He said that this was the most important and meaningful win of his career, that he had never gone so deep before, that he would never have made it over the last climb without so many of his team helping him, that his train was utterly unbelievable, in particular Tony Martin, that he went sooner than he wanted to before someone got the jump on him and that he couldn't believe that he'd made it. He also said that he would have fancied this stage had it come in the first week, but that he didn't consider it at all due to how he was feeling at the start of the day....and that they probably wouldn't have made it without the 'help' of the Rabos.

He was visibly emotional.

Thanks...growing up maybe? Or just a result of the egg on his face over green? I hope the former!!! Thanks again.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
MKirilenko said:
haha good point. Not a very good move. Selfish, indicates lacks of maturity. Did he discuss it with JB? We will now when Kloden and AC has 4 seconds to their opponents @ GC, whos fault is that :p

I know this disappoints team FDQ, but LA was attacking the same guy AC/AS/FS were initially attacking in the last mountain stage.....Wiggins....while the rest were snoozing, LA was cruisin'....

ask LeM if seconds don't count....

I don't think LA has the legs to advance beyond 3rd and will have done a commendable job to hold on to 3rd.

Now what I "wish" for is a bit different, but the team FDQ soap opera dynamics of who is showin' the love to who on Ventoux....will more than make up for the reality of what will probably happen.

Aguirre said:
Oh god, Cav, a pure sprinter, climbing with the the best a 2nd cat. climb in the TdF. Is he on dope? :D:D:D:

the thing that most people don't get about Cavendish is that he's actually an alright climber. it's just that as soon as he knows a stage isn't going to go to a sprint finish, he's more than happy to sit in the autobus for the whole day..

he won at Milan San Remo and thats not exactly flat, but i'm pretty suprised he survived today..

he must have dug into his 'suitcase of courage'

TRENDING THREADS