• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Thread: Stage 19: Bourgoin-Jallieu - Aubenas 178km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
Why did Armstrong attack Contador, right at the end?
He should be helping his team mates, not dropping them.
Trying to steal time to protect his position and leaving them behind, is just a stupid mistake.:rolleyes:

See? Doesn't quite ring true, now, does it?;)

I simply cannot believe he would attack his teammates like that. Those 4 seconds could cost Astana second and third place on the podium...I guess he is only riding for himself. He owes everyone an apology tonight at dinner...

caddisfly said:
I know this disappoints team FDQ, but LA was attacking the same guy AC/AS/FS were initially attacking in the last mountain stage.....Wiggins....while the rest were snoozing, LA was cruisin'....

ask LeM if seconds don't count....

That was exactly the point. Thanks for making it, team 3WF.;)

Thoughtforfood said:
I simply cannot believe he would attack his teammates like that. Those 4 seconds could cost Astana second and third place on the podium...I guess he is only riding for himself. He owes everyone an apology tonight at dinner...

Levi's twatter is currently unavailable.....

A

Anonymous

Pharazon said:
anyone know what happened to TXURRUKA and PEREZ LEZAUN?

they both finished outside the time limit

Yea, they both finished outside the time limit.

Shame Ballan didn't make it, he was really pushing.

The overhead shot of the sprint showed just how clearly Cav won. It must motivate his team to chase hard when they know they have an almost guaranteed victory.

Roll on Champs Elysee. They get a good camera angle there. IIRC, it's so broad they set up a special lane behind a barrier for a moto to stay with the front of the sprint running a super slow-mo camera. Should be a good one.

There's a little molehill to get over before then though isn't there? ;)

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

Sheesh every post by you is bashing LA, he didn't, "attack," he just stayed at the front of the pack. Before you say it, I am not an Armstrong fan, but you should stop taking everything he does so personally and calm down a bit.