• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - TdF Stage 11 Vatan - Saint-Fargeau (192 km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if the Tour is like it is with politicians: when they start to laugh at you personally, you're in trouble. Has the Tour become the "Palin" of bike rices? (I'm saying this neither for nor against her).

Like the French fans' joke about riders on the road a few years ago: "Courage, the pharmacy is just round the next corner". :D

Tour this yr. has the flavour of a "stage"-managed pantomine. We all knew who (just 1-3 guys) was going to win in the first week (if things remain unchanged). And we all pretty well know who is going to win the sprints. The rest is a charade; they're just going through the motions.

Combo of the route and Astana.

Sorry guys: I've started a separate thread for this.

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Someone wake me when the Cavendish - Hushov - Farrar finish is done. I'll be outside watching the grass grow,

And, for the love of god..........WHERE IN THE WORLD IS TOM BOONEN?????

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wolfpengap said:
Someone wake me when the Cavendish - Hushov - Farrar finish is done. I'll be outside watching the grass grow,

Name sounds familiar...

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Wolfpengap said:

He found out the white line at the finish doesn't live up to his expectations.

A

Anonymous

i thought hushovd was meant to be better on teh uphill finish.. ;)

my my reckoning thats green back on his shoulders..

anyone know where boonen is.. :D

May 13, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i thought hushovd was meant to be better on teh uphill finish.. ;)

my my reckoning thats green back on his shoulders..

anyone know where boonen is.. :D

He went too early

ETA: Hushovd that is. No clue about cokehead

What is left to say about the dullness of these proceedings?
A follows B follows C, everyday.

Not only is Cav miles quicker than the rest, who are the rest?
They seem to comprise of only Farrar and Hushovd, each day.

At this rate, Farrar could pinch one to make his Tour a dream.
Mine? Remains a nightmare of daily deja vu.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
This tour really is getting tedious now.

Cav & Columbia on the flat and LA/Bert & Astana on the slopes.

Somebody take the initiative and try and beat these guys, please. :(

After that big fight to get him in the race and he's a complete non-entity. You had to think Bennati would struggle, but Boonen? I mean, he just won the Belgian championship so you'd think he had some form.

What's the Belgian press saying?

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
damn Farrar was close. He had to go the lonnng way around to get around thor and missed it by inches. The overhead shows his kick to get around thor was really fast, even after he hesitated for an instant when thor went.

It's Farrar's fault he didn't position for a straighter shot, but if that effort was directed in a straight line, it would have been interesting (unless of course cav was able to pull out one of those 2nd accelerations when he saw farrar closing)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I am glad I went for a ride. Tuned in, as to be expected, right in time for the summary of the stage, the last 3K.

Twas only a 3% gradient, not enough to slow down the Columbia train. Freire got backed up too much, although within 1K he was on Hshvd's wheel, which he never should have left. Good result from Hutarovich, and even better from Farrar.

Cavendish rules the waves...

Can't wait till tomorrow, Identical profile and identical finish. I reckon I'll go for a nice morning ride again...

PROFILKMSVIGNETTE.gif

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Well, I was going to follow the stage today, but I just can't be bothered to do so. Quite simply, this is the worst race I have watched in a long time. To call it boring would do a disservice to sports like baseball. This is something well beyond boring. After yesterday's great big "FU" to fans of cycling by the peloton, I just cannot seem to give a shit about this sorry excuse for a race.

Have fun watching. I am sure that watching a Cav sprint win will be great fun for all.

Just got in, didn't miss a thing.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
I am glad I went for a ride. Tuned in, as to be expected, right in time for the summary of the stage, the last 3K.

Twas only a 3% gradient, not enough to slow down the Columbia train. Freire got backed up too much, although within 1K he was on Hshvd's wheel, which he never should have left. Good result from Hutarovich, and even better from Farrar.

Can't wait till tomorrow, Identical profile and identical finish. I reckon I'll go for a nice morning ride again...

PROFILKMSVIGNETTE.gif

From the numbers it looked like a 6% slope on the last 500m today (but 3% over the whole last km, since the first half of it was flat)

Now, maybe the numbers were wrong. Tomorrow's finish seems like a 21% slope on the last 500m because of a misprint. It's really just 1-1.5%.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Yeah.
Farrar is quickly becoming to sprinting, what Cadel Evans is to climbing.;)

We had an interview with him (a film shown during today's exciting race) speaking excellent Dutch! He lives in Belgium and his dream is to win Paris - Roubaix. I like the boy! ;)

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Why doesn't Cervelo even try to give Hushovd a proper leadout. Poppel has said in interviews that the green jersey and stage wins are getting more and more important since Astana is totally dominating the GC. Sastre even pulled Hushovd back to the peloton yesterday after he had a flat tire.

If the green jersey is important to them, why can't they muster up 4-5 guys to help Hushovd?

i just don't get why the other teams allow the Columbia train to even set up..

Milram made a good effort of distupting the train, but if they just set up their own train from the start they might stand a chance, but once that Columbia train is set, it becomes very difficult to break into it..

they have to find a way to make Cavendish follow someone elses train, then we'll see if he's really got it this tour. his 4 wins have all been routine for him.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

PROFILKMSVIGNETTE.gif

Riding beats watching the tour any day.

TRENDING THREADS