• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread TdF Stage 18 Annency-Annency 40.5 km ITT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
What the hull is going on with Cattle Evans? First he loses half an hour in a mountain stage and then he doesn't seem to even try in the TT. Is he sick or is he doing this in protest to his team?

EDIT: Ok he didn't lose any time between time check one and two so apparently he's at least trying.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Rechtschreibfehler said:
Evans...
Interesting to see he's still finishing.
Or maybe he's really resting for Ventoux?

Doubt it, I think he is really sick. According to Evans, reported by Sporza, he coughed up 'half a liter of mucus' after yesterday's stage...

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Doubt it, I think he is really sick. According to Evans, reported by Sporza, he coughed up 'half a liter of mucus' after yesterday's stage...
Regardless of his performance, he has the sweetest shoes in the entire peleton, I WANT THEM!

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

It'd be a ****** if swine flu hit the peloton - didn't Boonen go home after suffering flu like symptoms???

(I know this probably isn't the case!)

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Hmm starting to rain huh...Could be good for the Schlecks?
I assume rain can do 1 of 2 things

1. Neutralize the race a bit... good for schlecks
2. Give big advantage to those with nothing to lose... wiggins and armstrong

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
TrudyTas said:
Nice improvement Cadel! I hope the hovering clouds don't play havoc with the race!

Like : AC catches Andy, and when he tries to move in front, he slips goes down, takes Andy with him, AC breaks his hand, Andy breaks his collarbone.

LA wins the tour, kloden second, wiggens 3rd.

something like that?

Yea I don't think it's gonna happen :)

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Countdown

I'm impressed with the finger thing for the countdown at the start - I've tried it - impossible! Do you have to have special training for that job?

A

Anonymous

Levi Leipheimer is a fucking pussy.(just listened to his interview on VS) You know what, Contador made a mistake, and any REAL teammates would leave any angst about that to the team and not push sour grapes in the media. The whole lot of them have more in common with Whitney Houston than they do riders of the past who show class. What a joke that "team" is.

Btw:
Martin said on Eurosport that he was quiete disapointed with his result and was never able to take up his usual speed. But he has to accept that his form is gone after almost three weeks of racing.
His goal now is to do a good job on sunday.

Having a bad day, realising this right away and still only loosing 61 secs. on Cancellara shows his potential I guess.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Rechtschreibfehler said:
Btw:
Martin said on Eurosport that he was quiete disapointed with his result and was never able to take up his usual speed. But he has to accept that his form is gone after almost three weeks of racing.
His goal now is to do a good job on sunday.

Having a bad day, realising this right away and still only loose 61 secs. on Cancellara shows his potential I guess.

No doubt we'll see more of Martin in years to come - 1st year, still learning ...

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Levi Leipheimer is a fucking pussy.(just listened to his interview on VS) You know what, Contador made a mistake, and any REAL teammates would leave any angst about that to the team and not push sour grapes in the media. The whole lot of them have more in common with Whitney Houston than they do riders of the past who show class. What a joke that "team" is.

Agreed. I just love how Lance, Levi and the gang were lining up to f-ck over Contador through "superior" tactical smarts and when Contador keeps his mouth shut and beats them on the bike they all go crying suggesting he's a bad team mate. They are all very ghey. Funny to watch.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
Agreed. I just love how Lance, Levi and the gang were lining up to f-ck over Contador through "superior" tactical smarts and when Contador keeps his mouth shut and beats them on the bike they all go crying suggesting he's a bad team mate. They are all very ghey. Funny to watch.

Totally agree with both of you!!! When did LL become such a puzzy?

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Rain...

Looks like the last riders off might have to ride in a thunderstorm :(

I can see Lac d'Annecy from my place (20 Km away it's thundering like crazy here and it's starting to look pretty murky down the valley.

It would be a pity if the real contenders times were spoiled by slick roads.:mad:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Phew! That was good timing, only a shower.