• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Thread - World Championships: Women's Elite Time Trial 26.8km, Mendrisio

Ok, don't know if anyone is really interested in this thread but here goes anyway.

worldsttwomenmap_600.jpg

worldsttwomenprofile_600.jpg

Ok, so two laps of the circuit so it is just on 26km. Not too tough with only 220m of elevation gain. Anybody got any ideas who will win? I will admit that i don't watch women's cycling that much but my money would have to be on Kirsten Armstong from USA.

So far at the finish Jessica Phillips (USA) leads with a time of 37.37

Live feed can be seen here:
http://www.justin.tv/tvseba01/popout

Post your thoughts and ideas.......

Bala Verde said:
Do you have a ticker? Or top 10 update?

Krebs just posted this link

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-uci-road-world-championships.html

Nah sorry i don't have a ticker but i do have the cyclingnews live commentary/ticker open in another window to help me keep track but that is it.

Thanks for the feed as well. The feed is way clearer than the one i posted but doesn't seem to have any commentary on it. Oh well i'm not complaining as i don't speak dutch and couldn't understand the Sporza commentary anyway.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I am just watching it on Eurosport right now and am really enjoying what I see. As a Canadian, I am a little saddened to see Whitten's time getting taken off the podium soon, but such is life. :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
This the same as the men's parcours?

It doesn't seem very technical, and the hill seems to be too insignificant for the great TTers.

1) Armstrong (USA)
2) Cantele (ITA)
3) Villumsen (DEN)

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
How about Jeanie Longo 10th :D @ 50 (she's 51 next month!) hope for us all yet!

+ 1 - Thankfully I have a few years to catch up on her but it is an amazing achievement.

Chapeau to Armstrong - fantastic way to end a successful career.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Australian Wome's cycling

As the mens cycling is booming in australia, from a few years ago australia has went down a fair bit. our best riders oenone wood and kathy watt are gone and we haven't done much in world womens cycling since.
our results today:
13th Alexis Rhodes @2'07
21st Vicki Whitelaw @2'59
22nd bridie O'donnell @3'07
our best girls in the world cup rankings is
rochelle Gilmore in 21st place
Something needs to be done.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
As the mens cycling is booming in australia, from a few years ago australia has went down a fair bit. our best riders oenone wood and kathy watt are gone and we haven't done much in world womens cycling since.
our results today:
13th Alexis Rhodes @2'07

i think youre being a bit harsh on the girls, 3 girls in the top 20 (give or take two places) is a pretty darn impressive performance.... Certainly compared with saying mens cycling is booming.... Ok, so in the u23 time trial you got the winner but outside of that...

17th Travis Meyer @1.42
41st John Anderson @3.00

if not for Bobridge you would be saying how brilliantly the girls had done in comparison to the guys.. and how well will your guys do in the TT today.. really think you are going to get three in the top 20.. i think your ladies could actually put your guys to shame and those words are going to come back and bite you on the bum.. :D

best ranked girl 21st...
4th cadel evens (courtesy of grand tour performances - and come on, cadel isnt the 4th best rider in the world
9th Alan Davis (a lot of pts from tour down under still in there)

outside of that, 25th gerrans, 43rd micheal rogers, 56th Ogrady, 74th Goss, 87th SULZBERGER

now either you grossly overexxagerate how good your men are, or you really dont give the girls the credit they deserve..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i think youre being a bit harsh on the girls, 3 girls in the top 20 (give or take two places) is a pretty darn impressive performance.... Certainly compared with saying mens cycling is booming.... Ok, so in the u23 time trial you got the winner but outside of that...

17th Travis Meyer @1.42
41st John Anderson @3.00

if not for Bobridge you would be saying how brilliantly the girls had done in comparison to the guys.. and how well will your guys do in the TT today.. really think you are going to get three in the top 20.. i think your ladies could actually put your guys to shame and those words are going to come back and bite you on the bum.. :D

best ranked girl 21st...
4th cadel evens (courtesy of grand tour performances - and come on, cadel isnt the 4th best rider in the world
9th Alan Davis (a lot of pts from tour down under still in there)

outside of that, 25th gerrans, 43rd micheal rogers, 56th Ogrady, 74th Goss, 87th SULZBERGER

now either you grossly overexxagerate how good your men are, or you really dont give the girls the credit they deserve..

cadel may be not the 4th best rider in the world but 4th most consistent over the season (even tho he hasn't had a great season.) Compared to where womens aussie cycling was we have gone done a fair bit. With the men tonight, we are putting in Wurf (first year pro) and Adam Hansen. Off the top of my head i could think of 4 better aussie tt'ers: Evans, Rogers and Meyer and maybe O'grady. hansen and Wurf would be our b or c tt team. Australian mens cycling is booming. I know the uci ladder isn't that authoritive but 3rd best country ain't shabby at all.

A

Anonymous

well i still think that three girls inside the top 20 (22) is more impressive than your mens u23 result.. bobridge may pick up some wins but what are the other two going to do.. 3 girls inside the top 20, at least there is consistency..

i still think with the exception of bobridge the women could put your men to shame this week, and saying they have work to do i still thinks a bit harsh..

compare your girls with the brits.. a terribly dissapointing TT considering the depth of female talent we have, although i think we are putting all our eggs in the road race basket..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
well i still think that three girls inside the top 20 (22) is more impressive than your mens u23 result.. bobridge may pick up some wins but what are the other two going to do.. 3 girls inside the top 20, at least there is consistency..

i still think with the exception of bobridge the women could put your men to shame this week, and saying they have work to do i still thinks a bit harsh..

compare your girls with the brits.. a terribly dissapointing TT considering the depth of female talent we have, although i think we are putting all our eggs in the road race basket..

emma pooley is a gun.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
our results today:
13th Alexis Rhodes @2'07

so your men came..

30th, and 53rd...

still think the aussie women are dissapointing with three inside the top 22?

i think they whupped the mens butts to be honest.. your guys could learn a thing or two about time trialling from the ladies.. :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
so your men came..

30th, and 53rd...

still think the aussie women are dissapointing with three inside the top 22?

i think they whupped the mens butts to be honest.. your guys could learn a thing or two about time trialling from the ladies.. :D

I think we have about 4 better time triallers in the men ranks but they are not riding. Ok, you can say i told you so.:D

TRENDING THREADS