• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Valverde thread.

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Nomad said:
Angliru said:
Nomad said:
Koronin said:
I'm pretty sure Sagan also has a full TDF in his legs. Also Bala wasn't going for GC at the Tour and did sit up at the Tour on a couple of mountain stages and lost time. Plus he's always had a sprint.
Is he still doping, who knows. Is the entire peloton still doping, who knows.
What's up with the name "Bala?" I always thought that he was referred to on The Clinic as "Piti"...you know his "codename" he used when he had that membership at Fuentes' blood doping club. Lol.

He may have "always had a sprint" but the guy is now 38 yrs old and coming off of major surgery for a displaced fractured patella and other lower leg injuries. And he didn't just outkick some chump - but Superman Sagan, who is a freaking decade younger than him!

This kind of stuff makes the sport so laughable when an aging, seriously injured, known doper is outkicking one of the best in the business. "Who knows" you ask? Maybe Spanish anti-doping is looking the other way? Lol.

That would mean all the other countries where he did well this year are looking the other way also, huh
He's not outkicking World Champion Supermen in other countries wiseguy!

Firstly Sagan is still recovering from his injuries from the Tour, otherwise he would be more of a presence in the sprint specific stages. Secondly he is, and has been winning fairly consistently virtually everywhere for his entire career: Belgium, France, Spain etc... versus elite competition. YOU indicated Spanish doping was looking the other way, not me, "wiseguy".

Edit: "He" being Valverde. Forgot to include his name.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site

El Pistolero said:
lartiste said:
El Pistolero said:
Angliru said:
Nomad said:
[quote="
He hasn't won a Tour stage since 2012. Guy is the biggest doper in the history of the sport, especially when the race is in Spain.

He sucked at the Tour this year and now he can do all this? Lol.

Any proof?

He comes from Kelme that experimented on their riders like Nazi's experimented on prisoners of war.

Anyone who rode for Kelme, and still denies anything happened there, has no moral compass to speak off.

Horrible team, horrible people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SOUJTiNY_I

I know Kelme, but he is most probably not "biggest doper in the history of sport". He was one of the biggest talent of his generation since junior times (compare with Froome, Thomas, Chiapucci etc.). So hardly the biggest doper in history of sport ... .

^^With Valverde we seem to have a combination of an extremely talented rider who isn't afraid to dope. His natural talents -- uphill sprints and muritos -- match up well with a lot of races and stages ==> lots of wins. To be clear I don't think he's winning at age 38 on bread and water, but I doubt he's glowing all the time either.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Bolder said:
^^With Valverde we seem to have a combination of an extremely talented rider who isn't afraid to dope. His natural talents -- uphill sprints and muritos -- match up well with a lot of races and stages ==> lots of wins. To be clear I don't think he's winning at age 38 on bread and water, but I doubt he's glowing all the time either.
He wasn't clean as a junior and he's not clean now.

El Pistolero said:
Bolder said:

he's one of the cleaner riders of the peloton

Blanco said:
El Pistolero said:
Bolder said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blanco said:
El Pistolero said:
Bolder said:

Fanboyism has its limits.

brownbobby said:
Blanco said:
El Pistolero said:
Bolder said:

You laugh but root for Sky and their riders that dominate stage racing, all while consistently defeating the rider that you're implying is dirty. What does that make your idols?

Angliru said:
brownbobby said:
Blanco said:
El Pistolero said:
Bolder said:

You laugh but root for Sky and their riders that dominate stage racing, all while consistently defeating the rider that you're implying is dirty. What does that make your idols?

I think you have to rephrase that question for him

Angliru said:
brownbobby said:
Blanco said:
El Pistolero said:
Bolder said:

Look, don't get me wrong...Valverde is without doubt one of the most talented riders of his/any generation. But given his history and the way he continues to perform, perhaps even getting better year on year at his age, against a peloton of some 500+ riders....well that suggests to me that he's on a programme at least as good as every single rider in the peloton.

So yep, i'm going to keep on laughing at the suggestion that he's 'one of the cleaner riders of the peloton' :lol: :lol:

Re:

therealthing said:
A beautiful sight as Valverde crumbles. Had he won this race cycling's image would be even more tarnished than it is already. Not that Yates isn't suspicious though.

He did well in the stages that suit him, and he faded away and lost big time to the dopers in the final 2 stages, which is totally reasonable for a clean rider. I don't see why he would tarnish the sport, considering asthmatic guys or 32 year old first time GC leaders are the best in the business.

Re:

therealthing said:
A beautiful sight as Valverde crumbles. Had he won this race cycling's image would be even more tarnished than it is already. Not that Yates isn't suspicious though.

It would have been another blow to the Vuelta's credibility as the race where old riders on non-dominant teams can win big. Credit to him for his post race comments about giving up, some refreshing honesty.

I quite like the top 4 and much of the racing from them really passed the eye test, with all conserving energy on some stages, losing on some and making their attacks on others.