• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Mens RR - where are you watching from?

Sorry if people have already shared but just in case ...

I will be on the Mall (outside the Queens House!) somewhere with the kids at least for the start ... my daughter wants to see William and Kate! And my son wants to see Mark Cavendish ... to be honest I thought we might get a better look at the start than waiting for the finish.

What about others ... will you be on Box Hill or hunched over your lap tops / TV at home?

Terry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
180mmCrank said:

I will be on the Mall (outside the Queens House!) somewhere with the kids at least for the start ... my daughter wants to see William and Kate! And my son wants to see Mark Cavendish ... to be honest I thought we might get a better look at the start than waiting for the finish.

What about others ... will you be on Box Hill or hunched over your lap tops / TV at home?

Terry

Computer at work :)

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
180mmCrank said:

Maybe I am wrong but isnt it going to be packed to the rafter there?
It may turn out difficult for your son to get the view of Cavendish if it is..

Froome19 said:
Maybe I am wrong but isnt it going to be packed to the rafter there?
It may turn out difficult for your son to get the view of Cavendish if it is..

It all depends who you know! :) ...But yes it will be packed for sure and I figured that it will just be less crazy than at the finish.

A

Anonymous

On my couch.... just prior to leaving for the weekly edition of the Saturday (group ride) World Championships.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
When I went to watch the TOB last year, there was a brilliant atmosphere throughout central london but you could tell the fans who were there, were ones who appreciated the sport for what it is.

This time round it is going to be a bit different, but the atmosphere is going to be unbelievable with record forecasts on the streets according to the Olympic organisers.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
Just checked, its actually live on NBC at 5am. So we should get the whole thing.

Colour me surprised.

(as it the Womens RR on Sunday - with a later start of 7am)

really the whole thing? NBC, nice! i guess i have to wake up early on sat ...

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
TylerDurden1 said:
really the whole thing? NBC, nice! i guess i have to wake up early on sat ...

Something tells me the coverage will be riddled with interruptions from gymnastics and feelgood stories about synchronized swimmers. But maybe we'll get good coverage of what might be a fantastic race.

Probably watch on Eurosport player, but might rent a car and go somewhere along the route - definitely NOT going to fight London's mad Olympic traffic to get a fifth row view of other spectators standing closer to the action... I did a bit of that for the Jubilee which must be enough crowd ridicule for one year for this fan. Also I'm not sure I want to be seen with all these new-fangled fans who just discovered the sport... :)

But please let us know how the IRL experience goes!

JPM London said:
Probably watch on Eurosport player, but might rent a car and go somewhere along the route - definitely NOT going to fight London's mad Olympic traffic to get a fifth row view of other spectators standing closer to the action...

You could, um, ride your bike there. ;)

If I lived anywhere reasonably close to the route, I would watch for sure, even if just on some random flat stretch of the road in the countryside.