• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic MTB Race

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

avanti said:
I wonder if any company ever tried to invent a run-flat tire.
There are a few out there but none light enough for XC. There are some really good ones for off road motorcycle use in "your going to get a flat for sure" areas and long 250, 500, 100 miles races.

Tubeless with sealant (Stan's etc) are tough to flat if you use the correct tire for the trail/your riding style, and the correct pressure.

Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
avanti said:
There are a few out there but none light enough for XC. There are some really good ones for off road motorcycle use in "your going to get a flat for sure" areas and long 250, 500, 100 miles races.

Tubeless with sealant (Stan's etc) are tough to flat if you use the correct tire for the trail/your riding style, and the correct pressure.

Oh wow, I would have assumed they were all running tubeless and he burp flatted or tore a sidewall. They run tubes? I can't believe that. What's the thinking there? I would have thought tubeless was a bit lighter and far more reliable...as it is for all of us out on the trail...

red_flanders said:
jmdirt said:
avanti said:

Oh wow, I would have assumed they were all running tubeless and he burp flatted or tore a sidewall. They run tubes? I can't believe that. What's the thinking there? I would have thought tubeless was a bit lighter and far more reliable...as it is for all of us out on the trail...
I was implying that he used the wrong tire. Burp flats were an issue years ago, but rim and bead design have eliminated that problem unless you run way too low psi/bar.

jmdirt said:
red_flanders said:
jmdirt said:
avanti said:

I was implying that he used the wrong tire. Burp flats were an issue years ago, but rim and bead design have eliminated that problem unless you run way too low psi/bar.

Gotcha, thanks. I wonder about the number of flats we saw if they're running tubeless. Blown sidewalls maybe?

TRENDING THREADS