• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic team outfits

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Some time ago the UK team outfit was introduced (could not locate original thread) and I said I disliked the design its cyclists will wear.

Yesterday the US Olympic committee introduced its outfits: dark blazers, white throusers, and dark berets; this looks terible I thought (along with much of the media). However the outfits the US cyclists will wear in competition looks pretty good. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usa-olympic-team-kits-unveiled

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I just saw Australia's cycling team uniform on the new sand it is very similar to the one below:

Alexis+Rhodes+19th+Commonwealth+Games+Day+k0GpIJUdlpal.jpg

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't we already have a jersey thread in the Pro Road Racing section?

Anyways, I think Netherlands outfit might look really cool on the bike.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I didn't say it was accurate, but it looks good IMO. Wouldn't look any worse with the conventional colourscheme admittedly.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
taiwan said:
Yeah I didn't say it was accurate, but it looks good IMO. Wouldn't look any worse with the conventional colourscheme admittedly.

The quarter flag looks ridiculous in my opinion. Some of the kits have half-flags, which look much better. I think the navy/light blue scheme looks nicer than blue and red.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Caruut said:
The quarter flag looks ridiculous in my opinion. Some of the kits have half-flags, which look much better. I think the navy/light blue scheme looks nicer than blue and red.

Hm, I like the quarter flag - minimal.