• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Women's Road Race

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Did the Russian team receive their outfit from the same provider as Spain?

media_xl_1296366.jpg

theyoungest said:
Well, I heard the clothing provider for the Spaniards is in fact Russian, so yeah, you could be right.

What a win for Vos. She deserves it. Like always, but sometimes that &*$# Bronzini turns up out of oblivion and steals it.

Yeah... Bronzini, or Guderzo, or Cooke, or Bastianelli.. LOL

But today she proved once and for all she is the strongest, the best, the most powerful and the only deserved winner of this race. Eat that you Bronzinis, Pooleys, Cookes, Arndts, Teutenbergs and others

The Hitch said:
There is some *** newspaper in the netherlands called "Algemeen Dagblad" which has as their main story some football rather than Vos.
During the ****ing olympics.

What ****s

Algemeen Dagblad is normally one of the more decent papers. But I guess you are talking about the internet division, which is rubbish. They don't really pay attention or only half attention and their choices are weird.

I'm 100% sure that Vos is on the front page tomorrow morning.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Algemeen Dagblad is normally one of the more decent papers. But I guess you are talking about the internet division, which is rubbish. They don't really pay attention or only half attention and their choices are weird.

I'm 100% sure that Vos is on the front page tomorrow morning.

Algemeen dagblad decent? By Telegraaf standards maybe, but not by anything else. Always victimizing themselves and their target group, I hate that.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah... Bronzini, or Guderzo, or Cooke, or Bastianelli.. LOL

But today she proved once and for all she is the strongest, the best, the most powerful and the only deserved winner of this race. Eat that you Bronzinis, Pooleys, Cookes, Arndts, Teutenbergs and others

Well, Vos won fair and square this time. I'm happy for her as she's definitely worthy of a win like this. But I don't understand this sudden frustration?

Arnout said:
Algemeen dagblad decent? By Telegraaf standards maybe, but not by anything else. Always victimizing themselves and their target group, I hate that.

Well, Vos won fair and square this time. I'm happy for her as she's definitely worthy of a win like this. But I don't understand this sudden frustration?

Being the best in nearly every race you ride and then getting beaten by riders you see only a few times a year, even if you were AGAIN the actual strongest in the race, is just frustrating.

As someone who doesnt really follow women's cycling at all... what happened to Vos riding against the men (not the top men but at a level where she could be competitive/good training). Has that happened or was it a publicity stunt, something taken out of context, etc?

TRENDING THREADS