• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Omega Pharma Quick Step: Are you kidding me??

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Netserk said:
Why? Terpstra and Stybar hasn't really changed much, certainly not for the better. Tommeke isn't the best benchmark as his prep was worse last year. Alaphilippe is still so young that you'd expect him to improve somewhat. Dan Martin is also pretty much the same level.

Martin has improved so much after he changed teams last year, much stronger in real mountains and no more days in crisis. Terpstra also improved a lot after he changed.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Martin has moved from Girona to Andorra to train himself to be better at longer efforts, i.e mountains, so thats hardly surprising.

He has regressed at QS anyway. He won LBL, Lombardia and a Tour stage at Garmin. He just won some small shitty wins with QS so far.

Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
Valv.Piti said:
Martin has moved from Girona to Andorra to train himself to be better at longer efforts, i.e mountains, so thats hardly surprising.

He has regressed at QS anyway. He won LBL, Lombardia and a Tour stage at Garmin. He just won some small ****** wins with QS so far.

He hasn't regressed and is riding more consistently with Quickstep, his final year with Garmin wasn't great and then moving to Quickstep did something as he rode very well last season and started this season in good form. In 2016 he was 9th in the Tour and was actually climbing consistantly in that race, 3rd at the Dauphine and Catalunya plus a 3rd at Flèche. You can't just look at wins when looking at how a rider is performing, yes he had big wins at Garmin but was going backwards in 2015 and moving to Quickstep has changed that.

El Pistolero said:
Valv.Piti said:

He has regressed at QS anyway. He won LBL, Lombardia and a Tour stage at Garmin. He just won some small ****** wins with QS so far.

He hasn't regressed, he's much more consistent rider now and I would dare to say better rider than in his Garmin days. He just don't get the same space anymore. Everybody knows he's good and there's no leeway for him. He surprised everybody in that LBL, and his Lombardia win is mostly due to Valverde's mistake of not following him. Mistake he will not repeat, as we all could saw this last couple of years.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

sniper said:
Benotti69 said:
Kittel flying. :rolleyes:
It's very strange.
He's producing like 200watts more than guys like Greipel in the final 200 meters even though he doesn't really get much help from his team.

I dont find it strange. Kittel quick to slam the nobodies who dope and yet he trashes everyone in sprints. Doping the game all the pros play. :D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
sniper said:
Benotti69 said:
Kittel flying. :rolleyes:
It's very strange.
He's producing like 200watts more than guys like Greipel in the final 200 meters even though he doesn't really get much help from his team.

I dont find it strange. Kittel quick to slam the nobodies who dope and yet he trashes everyone in sprints. Doping the game all the pros play. :D
True.

One of Kittel's mechanics, Rune Kristensen, is ex-CSC, so should know a thing or two about motors.
Greipel and the rest must be wondering what kind of tech Kittel is using.

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Sprinting is watts / kg (for the acceleration) and watts / m^2 (aero - for the top end speed).

Cav is small / light and has a very aero position compared to Kittel.