• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

One peice bar and stem

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
How do you guys feel about a one piece bar and stem. I hate the bar I have now and thinking of getting one of these Bling Bling bar stem combos but not sure.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
St. Elia said:
How do you guys feel about a one piece bar and stem. I hate the bar I have now and thinking of getting one of these Bling Bling bar stem combos but not sure.

Well, I think it really has to fit you right in your setup. I have also been looking into them for my new build, nothing decided yet.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
St. Elia said:

If you are sure the fit is proper and nothing will change.

Separate Stem/handlebar combos are much more versatile, obviously.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Best thing would be to test ride a bike with them and see if you like the ergonomics of those things, because they're all flat on the top. I took a Look bike out for a spin equipped with a Cinelli Ram, and aside from it looking really cool, I really didn't like the fact that I couldn't grip the tops of the bars (where my hands spend most of the time anyway) like I could with a round profile. Also, take into consideration that guys that have their own signature model like Oscar Freire don't even race on them, probably due to the fact that those bar/stem combos are surprisingly flexy compared to the stiff, positive handling of a traditional 2 piece set up.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I have notices none of the pros ride one piece setups, I thought that they would have been stiffer? Also most pros don't ride flat top bars.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I really like the look of these, but don't like the fact that theres no room for tinkering with bar angles and such.
Also they still weigh more than a 2 piece setup.

But they do look really good :D:D

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Yep the bling factor is very much a reality, but if they weigh more and are less stiff??? The other issue is the cable routing, I have heard that the Rams are a real bear and in fact the FSA or Pro carbon are the easiest to setup

They are very comfortable to ride. The flat tops with ergonomic hand grooves on the underside are very easy on the hands. Slightly heavier than 2 seperate components?, Maybe, but I think the comfort, and blingness (is this a word?) more than make up for this.:)

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
电线电缆适中的交易交割成本

期货电线电缆市场的投资者大致可分为三类:日内交易者、一般投机者和套保者。对于日内交易者和一般投机者,其交易成本完全取决于交易手续费水平,尤其是日内交易者,最小变动价位和交易手续费的设置对其收益影响很大。而对于产业套保客户,其期货交易成本通常包括电线电缆交易手续费、交割手续费、商品入库检验费、仓储费及商品出入库费用等其他杂费。 PVC期货合约的最小变动价位与LLDPE相同,均为5元/吨电线电缆,而交易手续费为不超过6元/手,低于LLDPE的8元/手。这样,PVC合约价格变动一个点位,投资者最高收益可达19元/手,是目前国内所有期货品种中单位价格变动投资收益最高的。 交割费用包括交割手续费、仓储费和质检费等。PVC电线电缆的交割收费标准低于PTA,略高于LLDPE,处于中等偏低水平;从质检费用来看,PVC处于适中水平。PVC目前指定了两家检验机构CCIC和SGS,组批单位与LLDPE相同,均为每批次300吨。CCIC的检验费用2000元/批,抽样费1000元/批;SGS的检验费用3000元/批,抽样费1500元/批,收费标准相当于10—15元/吨。从仓储费用来看,化工品要求室内仓库储存,做到防潮、防火,仓储费标准比大豆、玉米、棉花等农产品要高,目前PVC期货的仓储费执行标准为不超过1元/吨·天。 总体来看,PVC期货的交易交割成本在国内期货品种中处于适中水平,在同类化工品种中处于略低水平,而单位价格变动可能获得的收益是最高的。 我国PVC现货市场生产分散、消费集中,比较符合第三种设库模式电线电缆,生产厂家生产出产品后通常直接运往华东、华南的协议仓库,然后再进行直销和分销,买方无需到产区提货,出厂报价也都是送到价。在这种情况下,华东和华南市场充分集中了买卖双方和中间贸易商的力量,所以将PVC的交割仓库设在消费集中、价格代表性突出的广东、浙江、江苏、上海等省市,能够吸引更多的参与主体,无论是PVC的生产厂家、下游消费企业,还是中间贸易商,都有在这个市场大展拳脚的机会。

May 13, 2009
cycling.davenoisy.com
Aye, i've got a flat bar on my track bike, and it is WAAAY more comfortable.

I'd love one for my road bike, but i also do the occasional TT and need to clip on bars.. PRO has a very cool Simon Whitfield option that bolts underneath the one-piece bar/stem they sell, which resolves this issue...but at over $1600CA. Ouch. Very light tho!

Are there any other solutions for clip-ons and flat bars?

TRENDING THREADS