• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Online Petition for Operation Puerto

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Le Baroudeur said:
Fancy posting some evidence that links Alberto to Fuentes?

Don't be a naive ******.

Simply search the clinic. ...rather than shunting your own responsibility for due diligence. Also consider researching history before relying on the charity of others to educate you.

~ Sir Lethargic

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Yes, but I seem to recall reading about he and Zeferino being acquitted and getting a fine instead. The forum thread on that is here but it doesn't quote its source, just link to it, and the original Portuguese source text is no longer available to actually verify whether this was the case or not.

Thanks LS.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
TubularBills said:
Don't be a naive ******.

Simply search the clinic. ...rather than shunting your own responsibility for due diligence. Also consider researching history before relying on the charity of others to educate you.

~ Sir Lethargic

Take another toke on the bopper pipe Trey, and save your conceited reprimands and insults for your homies down at the anger clinic.

I'm fully up to speed with the case history thanks, and pretty good at spotting flame bait when I read it to.

Le Baroudeur said:
Take another toke on the bopper pipe Trey, and save your conceited reprimands and insults for your homies down at the anger clinic.

I'm fully up to speed with the case history thanks, and pretty good at spotting flame bait when I read it to.

Let me take a wild guess here, you probably think Aldirto was robbed of a Tour win because he ate some tainted beef, and that he is the first clean GT winner since LeMond, right?:rolleyes:

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Let me take a wild guess here, you probably think Aldirto was robbed of a Tour win because he ate some tainted beef, and that he is the first clean GT winner since LeMond, right?:rolleyes:

Shall I take that as a 'no I don't have anything new I just like throwing names around and phonetically altering them into insults to make my self sound cool ' then?

"Aldirto"... what are you, eight?

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Shall I take that as a yes, then? What are you and how many Brooklyn Bridges do you "own"?

No, you can take it as a response that indicates emphatically that I'm completely uninterested in joining in with your child-play. Go and play silly names with with someone who thinks on your juvenile level.

Le Baroudeur said:
No, you can take it as a response that indicates emphatically that I'm completely uninterested in joining in with your child-play. Go and play silly names with with someone who thinks on your juvenile level.

So "completely uninterested" that you have responded 3 times now.
I almost can't believe that out of all I said in the first post you responded to, all you took away was that I had somehow wrongly accused your Alberto of being caught up in the Puerto thing. Nothing about the possibly clean US racers that I had questioned, but only "let's take up the defense of a once convicted doper". I guess we know who you are a fanboy for.
But you're right I shall go off and find someone who thinks on my juvenile level to play my child games with, that should be about three levels up from where your deductive skills place you.
Ta ta for now doofuss.

In case anybody else had missed that terrible "puertorgraph" that I just saw on Tilford's blog here http://stevetilford.com/2013/05/08/whats-up-francisco-mancebo/

puertograph.png

So yes, Mancebo has to go!

It would be funny if the bags had already been destroyed :cool:

Btw Franklin is right. And as someone said in another thread, the information belongs to the athlete and to the athlete alone. That information cannot and should not be handed over to a third party without the approval of the owner.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
It would be funny if the bags had already been destroyed :cool:

Btw Franklin is right. And as someone said in another thread, the information belongs to the athlete and to the athlete alone. That information cannot and should not be handed over to a third party without the approval of the owner.

i agree owner approval is important. but the previso is hand over the info and get a 2 year ban or dont hand over the info and get a life ban;)

"Anti-doping authorities and international sports bodies have condemned Judge Julia Patricia Santamaria's decision to deny them access to the bags."

Is it not ironic that the good judge may be obstructing justice. Franklin is right on the law, but surely the bags can be stored until the appeal courts can deal with the issue.

IF the appeal courts rescind Santamaria's order then someone has to apply to the courts to get an order to turn the bags over to the REFC or the UCI. I suspect the UCI is asking for this if they get intervener status on the appeal.

But if and when the bags and the list are in the hands of the anti-doping people (REFC or UCI) they will still have to comply with their own rules to protect the privacy of the athletes pending a results management decision to charge an anti-doping violation or not.

Just because Fuentes had the blood bags of some athletes does not of and in itself prove an anti-doping violation without a whole lot more. And it may be the good judge is just trying to prevent a witch hunt and feels the privacy and proprietary rights of the blood bag owners to their own blood, trumps the right of some anti-doping agency to go on a fishing expedition.

At the end of the day we may never know who is on the list.

TRENDING THREADS