• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Oscar Pereiro discussing PED in use in Spanish football with footage of transfusion.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If you do not speak Spanish this will be extremely hard to understand. However basically Pereiro discloses PED use in Spanish 1st division football explaining to the nation on live TV that various Spanish football clubs have links to Dr. Ferrari and Fuentes. The bomb shell comes at the very end of the video where Pereiro shows secret filming of a renowned footballer ( Fabio Cannonarvaro?) on the eve of the UEFA cup final re-introducing blood into his body via tubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WgTQCdgKkZw

Isn't that Pereiro's hobby-horse? Pointing out the use of doping in other sports to divert attention and to short circuit what might be construed as hypocritical criticism of cycling by other sports/sports figures/sports commentators.
I think it falls into the "Why pick on cycling when every other sport is doing it?" narrative.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
One Eyed Aussie said:
Isn't that Pereiro's hobby-horse? Pointing out the use of doping in other sports to divert attention and to short circuit what might be construed as hypocritical criticism of cycling by other sports/sports figures/sports commentators.
I think it falls into the "Why pick on cycling when every other sport is doing it?" narrative.
I have absolutely no problem with exposing this and speaking the truth, then get Andy Murray, Nadal, and the rest of the top100 apart from Wayne Odosnek

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Wasn't he at a semi-pro club after he retired?
good film

/sars
chasm

Semipro.jpg

One Eyed Aussie said:
You have to keep in mind they didn't invite him to the show to discuss doping in cycling: he's a regular football commentator for that show and other media. If the brainless football fanboys who make up the rest of the cast of that show (a show which is 95% about football) throw mud at cycling while never ever looking into doping in football, Pereiro has every right (nay, a civic duty) to call them out.

Uefa cup final in 1999
Parma 3–0 Marseille
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_UEFA_Cup_Final
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabio_Cannavaro

In an article I seem to remember Matias Almeyda talking about injections before matches when he played for italian clubs, that gave him a lot of energy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matías_Almeyda

I think he was reffering to the 1990s.

Fotball has a lot of doping on it's concience. The Italians in the 90s were especially suspicious.

I don't know weather they have cleaned up their act or anything. Fifa and anti doping is something I know nothing about.

hrotha said:
You have to keep in mind they didn't invite him to the show to discuss doping in cycling: he's a regular football commentator for that show and other media. If the brainless football fanboys who make up the rest of the cast of that show (a show which is 95% about football) throw mud at cycling while never ever looking into doping in football, Pereiro has every right (nay, a civic duty) to call them out.

Amen brother.

lol WTF!!!.

Did no one else notice???

2.20 in Perreiro doesnt know what year Landis tested positive in

" 2 american cyclists - Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis, who tested positive in 2004 and 2005 i think, or maybe 2006".

:eek::eek:

Is he for real?

Does he not know the year he won the Tour in or does he refuse to accept the victory or what?

Pereiro, telling the same story. Blaming the UCI for not catching Armstrong earlier, even though they have the best doping control in the world. Translation I won the Tour clean. On top of that, saying Football is worse than cycling, deflecting everything away from cycling. :rolleyes:

cineteq said:
Pereiro, telling the same story. Blaming the UCI for not catching Armstrong earlier, even though they have the best doping control in the world. Translation I won the Tour clean. On top of that, saying Football is worse than cycling, deflecting everything away from cycling. :rolleyes:

He was on a football show you moron, of course he is going to talk about football :rolleyes:

cineteq said:
Do you call people moron when you're PMSing? It's obvious that his talking football, did you read what I said? Of course not. Btw, did you get the refund from the ESL school? :rolleyes:

You're right that the word "moron" was not ideal, but it was the best description i could find for you that wasn't blocked by the filter. ;)

Btw, nice to see you haven't let go of the fact that i said you had a period last week.
Nothing quite like seeing afterwards just how sweetly the punch landed ;)

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Pereiro is probably well aware of doping in football because he was sitting next to the players in a Spanish gynocology office as they had their blood withdrawn.

Maybe all the drugs these guys take givens them a need to see a gynecologist... :confused:

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
ToreBear said:
In an article I seem to remember Matias Almeyda talking about injections before matches when he played for italian clubs, that gave him a lot of energy.

Juventus had one of their doctors charged with injecting players with EPO. He only got an 8 month suspended sentence. And then he appealed and got it overturned :rolleyes:.

Turner29 said:
I wish somebody had a video of Armstrong like this...

Judging from Tyler's book, I'm surprised such a video doesn't exist. Lance was very cavalier about doping, not bothering to hide EPO in his fridge, speaking loudly about it at public places, etc. I wouldn't put it beyond him to film a transfusion or an injection just to minimise doping's importance.

TRENDING THREADS