• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Outside Of Here

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
13918064220_a40171dc87_c.jpg

271186_10150688477690012_417126_n.jpg

14101589592_769d8dedfb_c.jpg

269048_10150688482780012_7510131_n.jpg

SafeBet said:
Outside of here I've published my first book. It's called Lo scrittore di lapidi (which would sound something like The tumbstone writer in english).
kc0x6x.jpg

Obviously it's written in Italian, so I fear most posters here won't be able to read it. My italian mates will be able to get it from here: http://www.edizionilagru.com/lo-scrittore-di-lapidi

Can't say I'm making a career out of it at the moment, but it feels good :)
Whoa! Congratulations mate :cool:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Outside of here I've published my first book. It's called Lo scrittore di lapidi (which would sound something like The tumbstone writer in english).
kc0x6x.jpg

Obviously it's written in Italian, so I fear most posters here won't be able to read it. My italian mates will be able to get it from here: http://www.edizionilagru.com/lo-scrittore-di-lapidi

Can't say I'm making a career out of it at the moment, but it feels good :)

That's really cool! Congrats! :) Let us know if an English version comes out at any point, would love to read it.

Bike pretty much every summer day.

ALSO:
Play hockey
Alpine ski
Sea kayak
Fly fishing; I MEAN CATCHING

-0-

I'm also a cannabis activist.

&

here in Colorado, We RE-legalized the superplant.

It's time to stop caging responsible adults who choose to use the relatively safe, extremely popular God-given plant everywhere else too.

The Green Collar Worker

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Well it's the beginning of a new adventure for me.

First I am going to Madrid for a week, to do research at the National Library. Despite my field of studies I have only been there once for a weekend, so I am excited to get to know the city a little better. Besides my work, my plans so far include the Museo Reina Sofía, the Cortes and the Casa Lope de Vega. I am also planning to do a day trip to Toledo and visit the Alcazar.

After that it's a short stopover in Lisbon and straight to Praia, the capital of Cabo Verde. I will be spending three months there doing an internship. I have no idea what to expect, it will be the first time for me to Cabo Verde, and Africa in general. But I am happy to be able to go and I'm sure it will be an exciting time. While I am there I am hoping to explore the island that I am on (Santiago), and also some of the other islands. I also want to take classes to learn Creole, partly for fun, but also as a way to get to meet people and be able to communicate on a basic level.

I have no idea what the internet situation will be like, but I probably will have to cut down my time on the forum a bit. Watching races will probably be impossible. I have read someone's blog online who went mountain biking in Cabo Verde and wrote about it. He said you need to have a good sense of orientation and be sure to bring enough water. I obviously won't bring a bike, but I'll definitely look for a company that may be offering guided tours and rental bikes.

Cheers,

Christian

Christian said:
Well it's the beginning of a new adventure for me.

First I am going to Madrid for a week, to do research at the National Library. Despite my field of studies I have only been there once for a weekend, so I am excited to get to know the city a little better. Besides my work, my plans so far include the Museo Reina Sofía, the Cortes and the Casa Lope de Vega. I am also planning to do a day trip to Toledo and visit the Alcazar.

After that it's a short stopover in Lisbon and straight to Praia, the capital of Cabo Verde. I will be spending three months there doing an internship. I have no idea what to expect, it will be the first time for me to Cabo Verde, and Africa in general. But I am happy to be able to go and I'm sure it will be an exciting time. While I am there I am hoping to explore the island that I am on (Santiago), and also some of the other islands. I also want to take classes to learn Creole, partly for fun, but also as a way to get to meet people and be able to communicate on a basic level.

I have no idea what the internet situation will be like, but I probably will have to cut down my time on the forum a bit. Watching races will probably be impossible. I have read someone's blog online who went mountain biking in Cabo Verde and wrote about it. He said you need to have a good sense of orientation and be sure to bring enough water. I obviously won't bring a bike, but I'll definitely look for a company that may be offering guided tours and rental bikes.

Cheers,

Christian

That's fascinating Christian! I hope you have lots of fun and enjoy this new adventure of yours. Hopefully by the end of your stay you will get slightly better weather and spend some quality time on the beaches. But above all, good luck and good working. Don't forget to visit Sal.

Cheers! :)

I know you don't know me, but best of wishes and fun on your travels, Christian!

And about those rental bikes... if they start making some sort of funny noises I trust you'll know how to fix them! :)

(Outside of here I fix funny noises on my bike(s), they make me extremely nervous.)

TRENDING THREADS