• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Outside Of Here

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
krebs303 said:
Good job RhD:) I haven't taken any classes in six years. My favorite exams were in the pool:D.
I was studying to become an Adaptive Physical Education teacher. I took American Sign Language so I could teach among the deaf culture. My favorite was teaching 5-6 year old autistic children to swim. I was heavy in the aquatics. Swimming Instructor, Lifeguard Instructor, Aqua Aerobics, and was starting classes on aqua therapy. Then I got injured and now I need the therapy:(

Keep up the good work

Ive worked with autistic children. Only a voluntary thing once a week. Some emotionally brutal stuff.

Never met with no parents neither which has got to be just crippling.

People who do it day in day out deserve a lot lot more.

Dancing On The Pedals said:
Congrats Krebs on finishing your house!
As for me, start a new job on Monday!!!

What kind of job does an Oxford History Degree get these days?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
wow , congrats to all of you! :)
Interesting stuff krebs...hope you can resume that at some point.

I'm trying to find some work again...back into the travel industry. Things are tough these days all over.

I feel pretty lucky to be in the software industry. Pretty much 0% unemployment. Lots of jobs.

And the fascination with offshoring seems to be fading as companies struggle with craptastic code that comes back from India.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really working either, but I have a few leads which can hopefully lead me somewhere. A couple of part-times jobs I'm after the moment, and the money won't be much but at least I won't have to stress over how I'm going to buy food each week and pay my rent. My flat mates have been very helpful during this stage but it's starting to drive me up the wall a little bit.

Still, there are a lot worse people out there than me.

dimspace said:
what do you get up to.. obviously we all ride, or have ridden in the past, or have an intrest in cycling...

what else...

As you mostly all know i'm spending a lovely 6mos under house arrest.

Last month I caught a stray kitten on my patio (not that it took much effort to "catch"). So I bathed it, fed it and am treating it as my own kitten/daughter, to go along w/ the two boy cats who occasionally keep me company. Susan W. knows what I'm talking about!

Oh, I read a lot of WW2 military history to pass the time, when not planning to take over cycling...

322076475.jpg

First post of 2012! I'm back and reasonably refreshed after a month's holiday.

Met some great people on our recent trip and we got thinking about the prospect of spending the rest of our working lives in offices. About a year ago, forum user Craig1985 made noises about crashing on my floor for the Tour of Flanders and that idea stayed with me.

So we decided to start a little homestay thing to test out whether we could do this sort of thing for a business in the future. Accordingly, this year folks can stay at our place here in Brussels on weekends and see the Spring Classics and even the first bit of the Tour de France. We'll normally be going anyway so we can take guests with us.

We're not trying to make lots of money out of it (though it can't be totally free of charge either ;)) - it just seems like a nice way to meet new people (including all you forum users) and find out if we really would enjoy the experience of having guests.

Since it's not really a big selling thing, hopefully the mods won't get upset if I post a link: http://brusselshomestay.com :cool:

Happy New Year to everyone. Will catch up with you on all the usual threads! :)

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
A lot of marathon posters. I will replace them little by little with work by local artists
397051_10151165495175012_507150011_22415413_1612643005_n.jpg

Such as this. I had to have it for $25USD. It's made out of wood. There is a little gallery just down the road that has really good prices. Also some great second hand stores.
399526_10151165495410012_507150011_22415415_819044049_n.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Happy women's day to all our female users!! There are not so many of them but they are greatly appreciated. Susan Westemeyer, AussieGoddess, Kiara is a rational girl and most recently of course the lil' flower. To be honest I used to think Libertine Seguros was female (because of the ending in -ine) but I think I was wrong. Anyways keep up the good posting. I hope one day we'll have gender equality on the forum, until then let's all work together to make this place more appealing for women! Any suggestions??

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Christian said:
I hope one day we'll have gender equality on the forum, until then let's all work together to make this place more appealing for women! Any suggestions??

Start a "hot guys on bikes" thread.

Christian said:
Happy women's day to all our female users!! There are not so many of them but they are greatly appreciated. Susan Westemeyer, AussieGoddess, Kiara is a rational girl and most recently of course the lil' flower. To be honest I used to think Libertine Seguros was female (because of the ending in -ine) but I think I was wrong. Anyways keep up the good posting. I hope one day we'll have gender equality on the forum, until then let's all work together to make this place more appealing for women! Any suggestions??

:D:D
Thank you very much for the sweet thought Christian!
:)

the lil' flower lol!
she's great as well as all the ladies here

Show and tell time. I've listed my name, job, etc. but never really showed an example of what I do, or aspire to do, "outside of here", so here goes. This is a spec commercial spot I shot over the winter at an outdoor velodrome in town. It was quite cold and a bit of a challenge to do. The rider is Kirk Whiteman, former world champion who was gracious enough to bundle up and take some laps around a damp track in 38 degree temps.

Link here.

269091939_100.jpg

PS. The clouds are all fake, composited in after the fact.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Show and tell time. I've listed my name, job, etc. but never really showed an example of what I do, or aspire to do, "outside of here", so here goes. This is a spec commercial spot I shot over the winter at an outdoor velodrome in town. It was quite cold and a bit of a challenge to do. The rider is Kirk Whiteman, former world champion who was gracious enough to bundle up and take some laps around a damp track in 38 degree temps.

Link here.

269091939_100.jpg

PS. The clouds are all fake, composited in after the fact.

What jersey is the female rider wearing at the end? Does it say "Château d'Aix"?

Also is that your voice?? :D

May 20, 2010
Visit site
odd jobs

Currently spending time with my cats...
motivating myself to:
. tidy up unit
. get a job
. do some serious bike riding

...so am really being a first class slacker

May 20, 2010
Visit site