• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ovo Energy Tour of Britain UCI 2.HC (07.09-14.09)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MonsterVdP again
Clipboard.jpg

Last edited:
It wasn't that bad, at one point I even thought the Swift group could make it.
There certainly is terrain for a few very selective stages though. A few hills today might have made life for VdP a bit harder, since Ineos had numbers.

Yes good to see a few people give it a go, at one point over the penultimate climb VDP had to go alone to respond to Sivakov then Moscon.

Decent finish overall, but not great when it’s the only hilly stage on the race

I only watched the last 20k and it was fairly enjoyable. The hill did it's job of shaking off the pretenders. Really enjoyed Tuesday's stage to Kendal, and the TT was ok. Sprinter's stages are all about the scenery no matter what the race, unless there's crosswinds.

Overall though, I'd agree about the ToB becoming lacklustre. I'm mainly only watching this year because of Van Der Poel. Was speaking to two other cycling fans at work and they haven't bothered even though it's on terrestrial TV here. The Tour of Yorkshire seems to have become more popular in a few short years

How have the likes of pershore got a whole stage to itself? The TTs used to be in London and Bristol. Tiny towns which shouldn’t really be able to afford stages if the tour was growing as it should be (huge step back this year both for the course and field btw, but that’s already been covered).

TRENDING THREADS