• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

painting le tour

hi folks
thought you might like to see how i'm enjoying the tour
with paint and brush!
let me know what you think
cheers
rob

schleckjump243.jpg

schleck jumping contador

cav2x242.jpg

cav' winning two sprints in a row

colmadeleine245.jpg

col de la madeleine

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
robijbema said:
thanks jamsque
yes i use the tv,internet and mags
wish i could take the pics myself
but then i would not have the time to paint...

cheers hitch!
Ahh, 'take pics'...is that what you kids are calling the filling of the spank bank these days?

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ten Percent Grade said:
Wonderful stuff, thank you for sharing.

I am a photographer and I swear you just can't capture the same feeling as an artist with a brush in his hand.

Cheers.

not trying to take the limelight off of the OP and his very nice work, I find that when it comes to photography, b&w photos are sooo much better to capture cycling than color. I look at watson's color and they just leave me flat. Take a look at some of rapha's flickr stream.

But these are in color and they are very evocative of cycling (because they are well done and they aren't photos). Keep up the good work.

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Good work

I like the cole dela madeleine. On the schleck jumping contatdor I think the rider off panel was too detailed, it catches the eye first but does not lead you to contador and when the eye does get to contador he is too blurred. Perspective was spot on though.
I know the amount of details in this medium is hard to judge giving what kind of effect you are after, so the cav' winning two sprints in a row is good use of detail and the eye travels well here.

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I like this one

"2010 Plan de Corones" is a keeper too, I would hang that one on the wall. Don't even know who the rider is but the picture captures the scene/moment well. I like it.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Lovely use of color in the paintings posted to this thread, especially the first and third.

Will check out your website when I get the chance.

TRENDING THREADS