• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pais Vasco Stage 3: Villatuerta to Zuia, 180 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Havetts said:
Did he fall? Shame he abandons.

Dunno, doesn't say.

Anyway, Martin has been joined by six others. Looks like they could stay away, good breakaway riders:
Garate (Rabobank), Moinard (BMC), Niemiec (Lampre-ISD), Bellotti (Liquigas-Cannondale), Egoi Martinez (Euskaltel-Euskadi) Pineau (Quick Step).

They have 7 minutes, 53 km into the race

Wrong - they have 2.30 at km 65

Come on Egoi!

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
The break will stay away...but not by much.

Some of the main favourites will try and make a move on the final climb and catch some of the breakaway but one rider from the breakaway will solo to victory.

Sasquatch said:
The break will stay away...but not by much.

Some of the main favourites will try and make a move on the final climb and catch some of the breakaway but one rider from the breakaway will solo to victory.

If the gap hadn't been reduced so quickly, I would agree with this.

The final climb is a shorter version of the Mende finish, so along with the usual suspects of Vino and Cunego, You have to consider J. Rodriguez also. My outside pick would be Kolobnev.

wirral said:
Too many of the breakaway are threats to the GC. They will be hauled back but I also think one will manage to stay away to the last summit and possibly to the line with the pack in view behind him hunting him down.

Yeah, i make it Niemiec at 1:24, Garate at 1:42, Pineau at 3:39. Cant see radioshack allowing them to get too far ahead.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Rocksteady said:
Isn't Fischer in this race for Garmin? If so, I tip him for this one.

He looked averagely not bad yesterday, he's certainly got a chance. I think someone is going to get away on either the last climb or the little uncategorised ramp.

The little bump at the end is this (the coloured bit):

santuario-de-oro.jpg